How to filter search results

I am a knitter and do not crochet.

If I’m in the mood to make a cardigan, how do I make the pattern search show me only patterns for knitted cardigans?

I see the patterns have tags, but searching by tag brings up both knitting and crochet patterns.

And while we’re at it, I also want to restrict the search results to adult sizes — I don’t want to knit a baby cardigan.

7 Likes

Hi Donna and welcome to Ribblr!
At the moment there’s no support to filter the search by size or craft… yet! We are working to improve the search so do bear with us :blush:
We constantly work on new features and improvements and we note every feedback we get so feel free to share your thoughts /suggestions!

7 Likes

Hi there! Just to let you know that as part of today’s update you’ll be able to filter craft type :slight_smile:

5 Likes

What about filtering by free/paid patterns? I have been using the low-high prices filter but I think free/paid would be helpful! :slight_smile: :smiley:

6 Likes

Thanks for the suggestion! We’ll keep that in mind for future updates :slight_smile:

3 Likes

The more filter options, the more convenience for users! It is so nice when there are options to look at craft, price, yarn weight, type of pattern (sweater, hat, scarf, toy, etc.).

Lovely app and each update has improved upon the previous. :smile:

9 Likes

Hi! @chemengiknitter @youthfulyarning @hrynkiw
just to let you know that our new advance search now features lots of new filters so you can, for example, search for a cardigan and narrow your search by craft type, difficulty level, yarn type, sizes and more! For more info check out our recent feature drop.

Enjoy! :partying_face:

3 Likes

Hello! I checked but haven’t seen if there’s a filter for yardage and yarn weight. I feel this would be super helpful if it isn’t a filter choice at the moment. Also filtering by hook/needle size as well!

2 Likes

Yarn weight is already an option the search page! :wink:

2 Likes

I JUST saw this thanks!

2 Likes

With pleasure! Welcome to Ribblr :slight_smile:

2 Likes