How to make plarn!💚

Hi guys! In my last post about plarn, I had a few people ask me to show them how to make it! Before I start, this might be pretty long, so be warned. Also, sorry for the poor image quality. Shoutout to:
@Doggie @ScotchTape @Mentaldee
So here it is!

First step is to find a plastic bag with minimal holes/tears. Flatten it out, then cut out the seam and handles.

Next, you’re gonna fold it up

And cut it up into pieces (the number depends on how thick you want the yarn to be)

Unwrap the pieces, and tie them together like so:

And tighten carefully (depending on the bag, it might rip easily) It should look like this:

After that, just keep doing the same knot to connect all the pieces. You can add more loops as you go, or cut up a bunch and wind a ball all at once. Hope this helps and inspires someone. Again, sorry for the long post. Enjoy!

21 Likes

Thanks!!!

5 Likes

You are so welcome! I’m happy to help!

3 Likes

Im already making smth!

4 Likes

Related aside - A simple mat crocheted from plarn can help homeless individuals avoid hypothermia by providing a barrier between blankets and wet ground in colder months.

Check with organizations that provide cold weather support to learn where to donate. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thank you

3 Likes

Thank you for your time to show us how!! You’re awesome!

3 Likes

Thank you so much! Your instructions are very clear, I’ll definitely try this soon!

1 Like