Identify this stitch? Designing My Wedding Dress

Hi! I am very new to this site and this is my first time posting.

I am designing my own wedding dress! I have a stunning pattern for the bodice and found a beautiful elegant stitch I want to use for the skirt.

I will be using Go Handmade Soft Bamboo Double for the yarn.

Despite practicing dozens of times, I simply cannot get the stitch to come out right. I was close once but it came out square, not rounded.

Would someone here help me identify this stitch and tell me how to make it?

17 Likes

Fan stitch

7 Likes

Please post the pattern for this fan stitch. I have tried several and none of them come out right.

5 Likes

I think this might be a large shell stitch. I found this pattern tutorial for the shell, but it doesn’t include the lacing unfortunately:

7 Likes

I’ll try it! Thanks!

The link to the pattern and pictures do not seem to have the pyramid of spaces between the fan shells. Do you see that 3-2-1 chain spaces?

6 Likes

Yeah, that’s the lacing I referred to. I’m going to have a look through my lace patterns to see if I can find a perfect match. :heart:

5 Likes

Thank you so much!! I have been trying to figure this out for months! I have everything ready to make my wedding dress, except this stitch.

5 Likes

I found this, I don’t know how exact it’s is though

5 Likes

Thank you! It’s close. Not quite the same though. The stitch I want to use has lacy spaces between the stitches.

I appreciate your looking and sharing this stitch. Very kind.

5 Likes

I think the issue you may be facing is just the difference between crochet and lace patterns. Lace generally consists of motifs (the fan) and lacing (the pyramid of spaces), and unless the pattern is for a specific use (like a clothing insert or border) the lacing part won’t be included in the pattern.

The good news is that lacing is just connected chain stitches.

I’m still looking, but at the very least I know I can find a pattern that includes the pyramid lacing to join up with the big shell stitch.

5 Likes

I think I figured it out it’s Tunisian crochet, TLY yarn crafts has a version of this but it’s not the same this one has a second layer for the fan I’m working on something tonight but I think I can replicate this! Let me try and do a swatch for you in a few hours and I’ll post a picture. If I can’t figure it out I will let you know.

6 Likes

NOOOO!!! I don’t know how to do tunisian crochet! LOL :sob: :sob: :sob:

5 Likes

Tunisian is very easy, you can look up tutorials in YouTube

6 Likes

oh my gosh!! I love this! congratulations! I wish you the best of luck!! <33

6 Likes

Okay I changed my mind it’s not Tunisian and I think I know how to do it I just need to figure out the multiples to chain for the foundation give me a few hours I might have it

6 Likes

multiples of 28! I think i had that much figured out from another pattern graph I had found once. trying to find it again.

4 Likes

Okay! Thanks that helps a bit!

4 Likes

This is the pattern I found but when I try it, it doesn’t come out quite right. It looks like it would be right though.

5 Likes

It does look right that’s interesting, but that can help me try and get it right! I’m going to work on it and try and figure it out with you!

4 Likes

I downloaded the image on my iPad and am working off of it to start it, it’s not the same but similar this one has three row of double crochets instead of two.

4 Likes