im new here!!

Hello everyone!! I’m new here and new to the whole crotchet/knitting thingy, and i was just wondering if you guys have any tips and tricks that i could try!!

11 Likes

not without more specifics- but im always happy to chat if you have questions, feel free to message me (:

4 Likes

ok thank you!! i sure will!!

5 Likes

Hey welcome! If you have any specific questions you can feel free to ask! Im looking forward to see your creations!!

3 Likes

Hello! I hope you enjoy it here, one of my tips is to just have fun with the craft, also good posture is important too :smile: Congrats on your first post, if you ever need help never hesitate to ask in the community, if you need immediate answers feel free to use the help center, search in the community, or the wiki [link below] and community guidelines if needed :smile: Happy crafting! Hope to see your crafts soon as well :smile:

3 Likes

I would say have fun, don’t be afraid to try things and start over if they don’t go how you want (or remake - I think my first crochet jumper I made I literally remade once I’d finished because I wasn’t totally happy!). Take regular breaks and stretch (your hands/wrists especially). And use the little video tutorials within patterns that explain stitches - I found these so useful when getting started! Have fun :smiling_face:

1 Like

DON’T BUY STITCH MARKERS! Im serious. A paperclip bent out of shape a little, or a bobby pin all work just as well.

1 Like

Welcome to ribblr and welcome to the fibre arts community! I hope you enjoy it as much as i do! You can always message me with any questions you have or if you just wanna talk! I will say hat dont get discouraged if you dont get something the first time around, just be patient, youll get it eventually!