Insecurities oc design

Hey there!!
Me and my dad are making a webcomic together, and im on the drawing/art portion of it and i wanted to design charachters with real life peoples insecurities in their design, but have them embrace them.

It would be helpful if any of you threw in some insecurities, either your own or other peoples, (you don’t need to specify!!)

Im not forcing this, you don’t have to do this (:

Sorry if this dosent make sense :')

20 Likes

hmm, maybe crooked teeth? i know some people really dislike theirs, but i think they add personality

5 Likes

hmmm mabey they hav two diffrent color eyes or has vitiligo or is a certain race or has big ears or is very short or tall???

6 Likes

stomach, broad shoulders, crooked teeth, thunder thighs

6 Likes

i got some :sob: (not all my own but some based off things ppl have said to me) i’ll start with pyshical bcs that’s more noticeable at first glance~
-hair not parted in the middle (ik thats stupid but the girls at school- :sob: im rlly self conscious abt that now-)
-something small, one arm is longer than the other due to my arm being pulled out of the socket in preschool :skull:
-acne
-scars (can be from acne or injuries i have a scar over my lip bcs i split it open with a racket and got stitches)
-body weight/shape
-if an oc is trans, physical features that make them look/seem more like their birth gender
-eyebrows
-eyelashes
-not fitting ‘the beauty standard’ overall </3
-thighs
-physical disabilities, maybe they have a wheelchair, arm crutches, im not sure what they are called but those things for diabetes that measure blood sugar i think?
-i dont have braces so idk if this is common but maybe some ppl are insecure about braces bcs they have crooked teeth?

like mentally/backstory/family insecurities
-queer parents
-no parents (foster care, living with different family like aunts, uncles, grandparents etc)
-any mental disability
-financial issues. need i say more :sob:?
-this part comes from like those shows where kids are embarrassed by their sibling having a disability and pretend they dont exist and crap :sob: lovely scenes to cry to
if i think of any more i’ll add them!!

10 Likes

large forehead, unibrows / eyebrows close together, short or non-existent looking eyelashes, armpit fat, crooked nose

5 Likes

i feel the middle part one sometimes, my hair is naturally side parted

4 Likes

Noses are something i really think it’s important to have a lot of variety. Most animes and animated shows all the characters have perfect little buttons noses. it’s really nice to see variations of noses, like in Arcane. I’m kind of insecure about my nose.
Hair thickness, foreheads, small eyes, small lips!!

back to the noses things, i took some images off of Google so you can see what i mean!

arcane's noses✨

977f23c575032e547ab82b8a48ee7a6e (1)

7 Likes

Here are some of mine
Crooked teeth
Bigger stomach then most people around me
Short
Small feet
Jagged fingernails (i bite them)
Big thighs
Big forehead
These are a few

5 Likes

As a trans man my chest and curves, but sime others people commonly have are acne, birth marks, freckles, asymmetrical face and big feet or hands

5 Likes

harry legs ;-;

5 Likes

(mostly) self reporting here but:

• underbite, overbite, and/or misaligned teeth
  • stretch marks
  • stomach larger than bust
  • thick/stubby fingers
  • body hair in general
  • different eye shapes
  • glasses

wishing u and ur dad luck with the webcomic!

5 Likes

Gap teeth
skinny arms
scars
broad shoulders
larger nose
bushy eyebrows
bony chin
flat chest
large hands
and veins

5 Likes

chubby cheeks, yellow/crooked teeth, facial hair (as a girl) and acme?

6 Likes

Acne and scars, obviously, but also things like skin conditions, hands/fingernails that aren’t perfectly kept, frizzy hair, crooked teeth, ect ect
goodluck on your project!!

4 Likes

Thick thighs, bunch of freckles, broad shoulders, flat chest/butt, crooked teeth, invisible (blonde) brows,
(These are personally what I don’t like ab MYSELFFF, on others these are honestly gorgeous but they’re some of my hugest insecurities)

5 Likes

Some of mine are

• arm fat
  • small bust
  • short torso
  • acne
  • fat nose
  • two different eyelids (one of mine is a double eyelid and the other is a monolid)
  • not slender fingers
  • rectangle body shape
  • scars on knees and legs
  • yellowish and crooked-ish teeth

Most of these arent that serious to me but I want to share them anyways ^^

3 Likes

I have an insecurity that I am ugly. So maybe make one that thinks they are ugly but are actually very pretty.

5 Likes

I feel my face is too bloated, that I’m too short, and I have constant eye bags. They don’t bother me too much, but I still sometimes have breakdowns over my appearance

4 Likes