Introductions

I’m English. I study Linguistics so I have a huge love and interest for many different languages and cultures too. One good outcome of lockdown is making academia more accessible for us disabled and poor researchers! I’m doing a Research Assistant internship at Edinburgh for next semester all virtual. Although I do hope to visit Edinburgh again when I can!

Thanks for creating this space @Amaire44

8 Likes

Hi @Amaire44 and everyone, it’s nice to meet you all. :blush:

My name is Savannah, I’m 21 and I’m from Virginia. I first learned to loom knit when I was nine and over the years I practiced inconsistently until I lost interest. My mom got me back into it in 2013 and from there I eventually learned to crochet and knit (with needles). Almost a year ago, I started streaming on Twitch to connect with other fiber artists there. I’m so glad to have found Ribblr too, as somewhere else to talk to like-minded people. My family and I live pretty isolated from society so it’s really always been just the four of us. Having these platforms keep me sane for the most part. Everyone is so friendly. :two_hearts:

7 Likes

I didn’t realise there was a crafting side to Twitch!! Do you have any channel recommendations?

5 Likes

Hi @Letsy , yep, there’s a Makers & Crafters category for streamers.:+1:. I highly recommend, yarncrafterscorner, TwiggyLynn, Typicalbliss, and KumaCrochets. They’re super chill streamers that I enjoy crocheting/knitting along with. If you stop by, can you tell them SavvyKnits sent you? :purple_heart::purple_heart:

6 Likes

Hi Ann Marie,
My son and his wife love to travel a few years ago they went to Iceland and loved it the next big trip they want to do is go to Scotland when, I wanted them to take me to Norway that’s where my grandfather came from and my dad was was full-blooded Norwegian which makes me 50%.
I will have to look up the time difference between you and I because of pain have alot of trouble sleeping so I may either sleep in the and be up all night or the other way around.
I am looking for pattern now to make a blanket for a king-size bed for my daughter any ideas are appreciated.
Have a wonderful weekend

7 Likes

Love the name! I’m a cold brew coffeee devotee.

5 Likes

thank you!!

4 Likes

Howdy,

I’m Madi from Alabama. I’m 32 and I’ve been crocheting for sevenish(?) years. I took up Tunisian crochet during lockdown and it’s been one of my very fave styles.

Having something to do with my hands and having something to create really helps with my depression and anxiety.

I’ve attached a photo of one of my crochet helpers.

7 Likes

I’m Miri, devoted crocheter, (make that addicted crocheter,) lover of cats, Scripture, Jesus Christ, jewelry, babies, and clean rooms. I’m thirteen, and I make a TON of washcloths. Also I have designed some crowns for my siblings, a few cases for my Kobo, and a couple of purses. I especially love to design hats. I live out on an acreage with my family, near my grandparents, and in front of a lovely old dead wood, an abandoned broken down house.
I just joined Ribblr before Christmas, and it has been great to get to know y’all.
You have a lovely community!

5 Likes

I’m AJ , I am from VA and I learned to crochet 2 years ago and I stuck with it ever since. Some of favorite things to crochet are dinosaurs, mushrooms, and anything hedgie related.

6 Likes

Hi there! :wave:t2:

I’m Summer and I’ve been crocheting since 2016. My journey began with my bipolar diagnosis as it was a healthy coping mechanism to keep my hands and mind busy.

I love amigurumi and designing beginner patterns. :hugs:
I host my own website full of amigurumi patterns as well as write a blog to share what I’ve learned!

I love the community here at Ribblr because everyone is so supportive. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

8 Likes

Hi all I’m becki I’m 17 and from the land of tea and crumpets.ive wanted to learn to crochet for years but lose interest once it gets hard.im hoping to actually learn and find an outlet for my emotions that’s away from a screen

5 Likes

Welcome!

5 Likes

Hi I’m Donna from England. I’m 50 and a Psychiatric Nurse in a local prison.
My mom taught me to knit she was right handed I am left, we had some fun
I’m self taught cross stitch
Now teaching myself to crochet due to my Daughter wanting sunflowers in November for her wedding xx

6 Likes

Hi there! Im Nessa, Im a 28 year old stay at home parent of two. I just crochet but would love to try to learn how to knit :slight_smile: I have ADHD and im so happy to find a little space of other crafters who may have similar challenges as me!

5 Likes

So happy to have you here! I’m Debi, ( shhh, I have AADD, and Crochet is my calming medication) and I really love what we’ve created here and the platform the Ribblr founders allows us to interact on.
Now, if we could just get Ribblr to do cool things like a discord server… ya know all those cute animated thingamajigs.

5 Likes

I don’t have discord what is a cute animated thingamajig!!?

4 Likes

Yes! I feel the same way about crochet! It helps relax my mind SO much! :raised_hands:

4 Likes

I’m enthralled with everything Scottish, my dna came back 49% Scottish, 25% Irish and 17% Scandinavian with the rest a smattering of stuff from Europe. On my bucket list is to go see Scotland, maybe to the big fiber festival in Perth or Edinburgh.

I’m a Knitter and spinner.

5 Likes

oh my gosh a fiber arts festival sounds like so much fun!! :heart_eyes:

5 Likes