Jane Doe Status Post: Reupload After Communication With Ribblr Team

Hi everyone! Yesterday you may have seen my post titled “Comment On The Jane Doe Status”. If you did and you replie, liked, and shared it I would like to thank you from the bottom of my heart! Thank you for spreading awareness! Now, as you may know, my post got flagged and taken down by Ribblr staff.

At first I was deeply hurt, but I appealed it and am happy to report my post got taken down because I included external links (woops!) So I would like to repost my original post (minus the links) incase anyone did not see it or had heard about it and couldn’t see it before it got taken down. Thank you to Ribblr staff for being understanding and allowing me to speak on this topic. Without further ado:

Hi, if you are a regular of General Chat you have probably noticed an uptick in people changing their status to something along the lines of “I am Jane Doe, we are all Jane Doe until no one is.” With a :stop_sign: emoji.

For those who are unaware: This is in response to the Cornell University 7 case that has been viral on most social media platforms. It has created a movement and protest of sorts. I will spare the details of this case, but i encourage you to do your own research.

As you can tell by my status, I too have changed my status to this. So if you are expecting a post complaining about it. This is not that.

***i am aware this is a crafting app***

HOWEVER

This topic is a serious one, very serious, I would argue the majority of this platform are of the gender most likely at a higher risk of this. We have to stand with victims, even in a small way. I do not believe the status is doing anything life changing for anyone, but within this week alone I have helped inform multiple people of this case which is increasing awareness even in a very small way. Most people on this platform are minors, I understand conversations like this may not be appropriate, but this topic is one that affects every aspect of our lives. From telling our daughters to cover their shoulders to telling a child to scream “Mom!” If they feel unsafe.

It is an issue everyone from all walks of life no matter their age has dealt with and will deal with in some way. You cannot shelter minors for long, because they will most likely still feel the brunt of the issue at some point. Education is important, awareness is important, and that is why I changed my status.

Change is not big and swift, it is slow and steady. It is one person deciding to take up a mantle to educate others, which forms a group, which creates change.

If you would like to change your status, I highly encourage you do. I understand that this post may not fit within the community guidelines. I will take it down if need be, but I also think that by making this more people will hear about it and more awareness will be raised. Overall, I see a net good in making this post and changing my status and I hope you do as well.

I attached links to the original post, which I can no longer do, but if you would like to do your own research on the topic please do! Always do your own research, think criticically, and form your own opinions.

-Rhino

33 Likes

Glad they didnt the it down for the content! Thank you for bringing this up!

5 Likes

thank you so much for talking about it and making this post to spread awareness, this is something that needs to be talked about more!!

this is all my doing hehehe

4 Likes

ITS JUST THE NAME EVERYONE KNOWS ME BY NOW DESPITE MY PROTESTS SOB

Thank you for commenting peach :head_shaking_vertically:

6 Likes

Of course! :head_shaking_vertically:

5 Likes

As a survivor myself, thank you for this!

3 Likes

Of course! We have to stand with victims and bolster them in any way possible!

2 Likes

Thank you for posting this :heart:

1 Like

Of course!

I was wondering what that was! Changed my status :grin: :pink_heart:

2 Likes

Wow thank you :face_holding_back_tears:

1 Like

Thank you for this post :heart:

1 Like

Thank you for reposting this and for your dedication to spreading awareness! It’s wonderful that the Ribblr staff was understanding and allowed you to share this again. Even on a crafting app, community matters, and keeping each other informed and safe is so important. I really appreciate you taking the time to explain the meaning behind the statuses!

3 Likes

:face_holding_back_tears:Happy too! I will always stand up for victims!

2 Likes

:face_holding_back_tears: of course!

1 Like