Loading the community tab doesn't work

Hi, Iā€™ve been having this issue for a few days now that if I try to load the forum from a different section of the site (ex. the homepage or my shop), it doesnā€™t want to load. It keeps doing nothing, or it sends an error message that the page couldnā€™t be loaded.

Once in a while Iā€™m able to go through and reach the forum, but most of the times I have to redo this 10-20 times and wait a few minutes between each times. This issue has been recurring, even before the massive giveaway glitch, maybe for 5-7 days now?

If Iā€™m already in the community and then load topics and other pages everything works fine, but the opposite doesnā€™t seem to work. Anyone else having issues?

7 Likes

Sounds strange! Can you try logging out and logging back in?

5 Likes

Iā€™ve just been having a massive slow down because of the giveaway. I have found tht muting those helps

6 Likes

I logged out and back in, I was able to open the forum now, but Iā€™ll let you know if the issue persists!

5 Likes

That might be why, I follow a massive load of topicsā€¦ :rofl:

3 Likes

I donā€™t join the giveaways, so I have no reason to follow them. I have muted every one of the Sunday, Thursday, since last summer , and holiday contests since halloween

4 Likes

Iā€™m gonna go mute a bunch of them that might help hopefully loll

4 Likes

That sounds simular to the problem i was having! Exept it would close the app bc it crashed, but it would take AGES to load!

1 Like

Iā€™m not using the app though Iā€™m on browser.

2 Likes

Uh oh, the issue seems to still be going on! I also tried to see if muting topics would help but have seen no difference.

1 Like

EVERYTHING is slower since the giveaway started.
I finally saw that twirling thing in the patterns and saw that it was a smile.:flushed:

Yeah but it started before the giveaway for me as Iā€™ve said. Itā€™s been happening for at least a week before.

1 Like

Yeah this sounds like an issue with your account. There was a delay for roughly 4 hours to avoid any downtime on our servers when the giveaways were announced. But since then itā€™s been working with no degraded performance.

Does this happen to you on just one device or all devices? Are you using a mobile or computer? And finally are you using the app or a browser?

4 Likes

Iā€™m using the browser on both computer and mobile. It happens on both devices, but seems to be worse on mobile. I did update my browser recently to see if it would help but it doesnā€™t seem like it helps. I also tried logging on and off a few times, but the issue returns.

1 Like

Hi @Winternightmare - thanks for reporting. We need to get some screenshots from you so we can escalate this for you and get to the bottom of it.
Also if you can share roughly when this has started (we understand around a week ago) and if you noticed a particular behavior of when this happens and when it doesnā€™t.
Lastly if you have multiple accounts on Ribblr also keep us posted.

2 Likes

Yes, around a week ago, maybe more, Iā€™m not so good with time periods :sweat_smile:

Iā€™ve seen this happen more in the evenings when it started happening but now it last through the day. At times, Iā€™m able to get through randomly and it will work for a while. Then I put my phone down or leave my computer for a while and itā€™ll happen again when I get back on. I usually leave the tab open, might that have an incidence on it?

I have another account @anon63744310 but I donā€™t really use it. Itā€™s logged in in the app and I never logged it off, Iā€™ve never used the community tab on it, Iā€™ll try to see if I have the same issue with it.

Iā€™ll update with screenshots as soon as the problem happens again!

1 Like

Here, this is the account in question. The community tab seems to be working okay in the app. Although, I prefer using the browser with my main account, as itā€™s easier for me to write patterns and such on the computer :sweat_smile:

1 Like

We donā€™t recommend having two accounts- thatā€™s something that can often include automatic blocks as our system treats those as potential spam/abusive - so this could be the issue.
This could also be a cookie issue automatically logging you out and therefore returning an error.

To try and tackle this, can you please try heading over to your shop on all your devices, log out directly from there, then log in by visiting ribblr.com on your preferred browser? Alternatively, you can also test this on incognito mode on your browser (aka ā€˜privateā€™ on Safari)

If the issue still occurs please send us some screenshot via private message and weā€™ll escalate this to our engineers!

1 Like

I havenā€™t used that account in months. It doesnā€™t have a shop. I have one pattern on there from another designer that I was making and would be sad to lose it since it cost me money but if thatā€™s what it takes okay, Iā€™ll lose itā€¦

1 Like

We can merge those accounts for you if you messaged us from both requesting this. However please try the above and let us know if this works.

1 Like