My mental health the past year...

So, I don’t know if you all remember this but last year I did a post saying that my mom moved out and updating everyone about my mental state.

Well, it’s been over a year since she moved out (October 19, 2022) and it’s been really hard for my dad, brother, and I. She basically cut off ties with us and stopped talking to us completely. I haven’t spoken to my mom since my birthday when she texted me and that was just to tell her thank you. Sometimes I really miss her a lot.

I feel she gave up on her life and responsibilities as a wife and mother for no reason. It’s not fair to us because we still have to live with the trauma that she put us through last year. I won’t go into detail because it’s complicated but I just wanted to put this out here for anyone who wants to know or feels like they’re going through difficult family situations by themselves.

I try to hold onto what I do have and enjoy the little things no matter what though. :heart:

Can anyone else relate?

14 Likes

Just wanted to say well done for having the bravery to share your story and facing life even in hard times , I respect that and hope coping feels easier as time goes on :purple_heart:

5 Likes

My dad was killed in a car crash last Nov 15 and I miss him so much. Both my parents are gone now.

4 Likes

Omg, I’m so sorry. As much as I miss my mom sometimes at least she’s still alive and healthy last I saw her.

2 Likes

gives you a big hug im so proud of you

3 Likes