new baby sweater (crochet) talking

okee dokee people, here it is
I finally finished the crochet version of my “Now or Later” baby sweater. I know it’s not a great picture, but I have a plan for that.
The details:
It’s a simple round yoke in four sizes. (approx. 0-12 mos)
It’s done in either 3 or 4 weight yarn and I used a J/10 (6mm) hook.
This is suitable for beginners.
I’m wanting 4-6 testers, but more will be accepted.
Testing will run from Monday the 16th to Monday the 30th
You can use any color or yarn, but you must use the gauge written in the pattern.
There is no sewing.
In an effort to encourage actual participation, Journals will be required. Everyone will have 24 hours to start a journal with a picture of the yarn they plan to use. Doing so will unlock the pattern, not doing so will remove you from the testing.
The prettiest finished picture submitted will be chosen as the shop photo with full credits to the awesome member that created it. (and I’ll make a big deal about you in a long gushing post)
To commit to this test, reply below with a gif of a dancing bear
Fancy versions of this will be needing testers in a couple of weeks, for those who know, give me a PM for the details.

14 Likes

I couldn’t get it to show up in the photos, but there are actual raised braids in the yoke that are fun to make, but I guess hard to photograph

5 Likes

Hi! I would like to give this a try, but before commit with my fancy bear, how do i use gauge and how many skeins does this project take?

5 Likes

baby sweater so less than one skein of supersaver, but I think more than 160yards
gauge is how many stitches per inch this has to fit 4 stitches per inch when working hdc I used US/10 (6mm) hook

7 Likes

polar bear dancing GIF by G1ft3d

8 Likes

teddy bear dancing GIF

8 Likes

I’ll give this a go! Will practice on the gauge tomorrow to make sure i got it before starting

grizzly bear dancing GIF

6 Likes

To be accurate, you may want to make a strip that’s at least 10 stitches wide and work several inches long before before you measure how many stitches per inch wide your rows are… Because sometimes your work loosens or tightens as you work. There is no row gauge for this

7 Likes

Got it, im literally taking screenshots of your instructions to have them all readily available, as well as looking for all my none used yarn skeins to see which one would look best for a baby boy :heart: (my mom will have the last say on this, so i might have to make a michaels run tomorrow lol!)

6 Likes

College Sports Sport GIF by Sealed With A GIF
**TESTING HAS BEGUN!!! **

6 Likes

Cant wait to actually get started on this tomorrow after work! Can we do any size we want? I would like to make 6-9 if possible :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Chicago bears??

3 Likes

Any size

5 Likes

They all had to reply with bears, now the bears can start
Don’t over think it

season 1 friends GIF

5 Likes

Season 2 Lol GIF by Friends

4 Likes

Thank you!!

4 Likes

:joy:

4 Likes

no stress dance GIF by Universal Music Africa
I would like to give this a try Thank you if i get the opportunity. It’s so nice seeing so many baby items as i have a baby shower coming up for a very special girl that i know

7 Likes

ok, We have reached 4 testers, I’m ready. I will unlock the pattern as soon as everyone opens a journal.
( for any new persons) opening the pattern and clicking on any line will open a journal prompt. Take a picture of the yarn you plan to use and write a short entry or description on the text box)
So far, I have one journal

6 Likes

you are in!

5 Likes