New crochetter!

Hello everyone my name is lhiyah and i recently started on this app, im a new crocheter who started at February, i wanted to learn how to magic ring and try out new pattern but idk where to start. My latest project is a crochet bandana and im working a cat hat

11 Likes

Hello lhiyah we hope that you enjoy ribblr and all the amazing features!
As I have only been on ribblr just over a month I can only say so much but everyone on here is so amazing and positive. Hope you get the best experience out of ribblr,
~Theia :purple_heart:

3 Likes

Welcome to Ribblr. My suggestion would be to do something small to practice the magic ring, like maybe this Ribblr Egg.

Ribblr has helpful videos to show how to do stitches. My screenshots show a bit. At the top, make sure the lightbulb is on or purple, then you will have squiggly lines under things with help. Like a video for the magic ring.

Hello! I hope you enjoy it here and welcome to Ribblr, congrats on your first post, for Magic Rings personally I learned how after watching a few different YouTube videos, the bandana looks really nice! And the cat hat is coming along nicely :smile: I added a space and added/changed a few tags thay didn’t fit with the post as well

Here’s something I try to do when I can for newcomers :smile: if you ever need help never hesitate to ask in the community, if you need immediate answers feel free to use the help center, search in the community, or the wiki [link below] testing guidelines and community guidelines if needed :smile: Happy crafting! Hope to see your crafts soon as well :smile:

Hi! Ribblr is awesome, you’ll love it! I’d suggest using Woobles MR (magic ring) tutorials on YouTube, since the kits are a little pricey, and might not be very helpful for a person who already knows basic stitches. If you find MR frustrating at first (like most people do), you can always try alternate methods that give you the same result! My favorite is doing a ch 2, then crocheting the amount of stitches that would be in the MR in the first chain. If that didn’t make sense, just search up ‘ch 2 MR’ or something along those lines on YouTube.