Non amigurumi anyone?

I’m just curious… how many do we have in the community that don’t do mostly amigurumi? Or like me, don’t make it at all…
I know a couple off hand, but I’m not tagging anyone…

Feeling like I’m on a deserted island because anymore all of the talk is amigurumi… and anytime a non amigurumi post gets made it gets buried (hence why those shops have so few followers in comparison)
88df490d56742c6dfc88ab7bcc1c73506c9d8c448f6225b00a502652cdf8b526.0

42 Likes

I’ve just recently been trying to do more garmets so technically I still do mostly amigurumi, but I do agree I wish there were more of a variety in posts! In every space like sewing, Tunisian, etc without having it be buried. I get real happy when I see a piece of clothing! (Well to be fair I get happy seeing everyone’s work lol :laughing:) definitely not the only one on that island I shall be that crab :crab: :rofl:

16 Likes

I am an amigurumi person but I don’t like all the plush yarn and that’s mainly what I see. I’d like to branch out with other things more, but I just don’t see a lot pop up. What kinda of things do you make? I made a cardigan once and I was so proud! I have this one pattern for a half undervust corset thing, but I couldn’t follow the pattern well :sob:

12 Likes

I love making garments, and recommend it to everyone :wink:

15 Likes

I tend to make anything as long as it’s not amigurumi, I don’t enjoy it and I’m not that good at it (although sometimes I wonder if I’m a bad a I think)…
My Love is garments though… tops, dresses, cardigans, sweaters, you name it! I do make hats, scarves, & mitts occasionally. And I’ll also make decor (blankets usually) or cleaning things (like dishcloths) but that’s usually out of necessity or a specific pattern/ idea catching my eye

12 Likes

I consider myself a knitter, but I have loads of crochet patterns (with my difficulties with ribbuild, I have started with the small stuff) I have loads more on the way, but I feel like I don’t even get seen. No amount of begging has resulted in ami and other crochet being divided, so I just watch from my basement corner while fuzzy ami dominates the feed

11 Likes

Not the only one. I like amigurumi but have been currently testing for a non ami and focused on that and sad i don’t see more patterns that are decent pieces of clothing, and knitting. There are good ones, just not enough compared to ami. After this testing I really want to get to do socks and sweaters. Also like hairbands, scarfs, bookmarks, house stuff. Still like ami just really not my main thing.

10 Likes

after you finish the sweater test, I can add you to test a sock pattern…just lest me know

8 Likes

I’ve only ever seen you pop up a couple times and I just didn’t have that yarn :sob: it would be nice to have a different sub category or something

7 Likes

I do very little amigurumi. I mostly do accessories, i.e. scarves, shawls, earrings. I also do tops. I try and do some amigurumi, mostly for my niece, but it’s not my favorite thing.

9 Likes

I make a little bit of everything! Including amigurumi, but I like to have fun with different stitches and yarns and make useful things too. I do not like making the same thing over and over again.

8 Likes

Agree about the plush yarn! Not my fave.

6 Likes

I hear ya :people_hugging:
I do both so I’m non judgemental on either side I just love crochet period. I make from vintage decor to plushies (aka Amigurumi)
I do have plans to make my own first wearable at some point.

10 Likes

I go through phases. I spent most of the pandemic making tonnes of plush after almost always doing baby clothes and blankets.
Now, I’m getting back on clothing but it takes so long I’ll still take like a break and bang out a plush when doing a large clothing pattern.
I got good advice for yarn on here that really opened up the world of wearables for me.

I’d love to see some more showing off their wearables :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

I’d love to get into socks myself but need to reestablish myself with knitting :grin:

6 Likes

Irl, I make more non amigurimi then I make ami. I just don’t often put those types of patterns up since they don’t seem to sell as well for me. And many I do free hand and never make a pattern for anyway.

I don’t do blankets though, too big - no patience. Hats gloves and scarves are my thing. I always wanna do bags but never do.

6 Likes

I don’t do amiguri rn but i would love to try again one day. I have tried once but i didnt like how it looked so i took it apart.I found it quite difficult so for now I’m still just doing bags and going to make garments too.

5 Likes

I don’t have anything against ami, I just feel like the community is saturated with it and therefore what felt like a very small handful of those that don’t constantly make it gets pushed down into nothing

12 Likes

I sort of started my crochet journey with ami/plush, but quickly starting having an interest in garments and accessories and home goods. While I like making ami, lately I’ve been branching out even more into these other areas because they’re more fulfilling for me personally. I’ve also been quite enjoying knitting on my most recent test, so I feel like I might be dipping into knitting more. That’s all just to say: you’re not alone, and more diversity on the dash or options to curate/further tailor our community experience are always welcomed, imo! :sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart:

9 Likes

Most my patterns are non-amigurumi. But as far as selling makes goes, I mostly make amigurumi cause the rest doesn’t really sell as much.

7 Likes