Pattern identifying -I NEED this hat on my head!! *I DID IT*

Edit: Thank you all for your help! I recreated it! Picture in comments below

Fell in love with this hat (and this show, and all of the outfits in the show…) and I really want to make it!!
I might be able to recreate it myself, but I’m not sure… it looks like bulky yarn, but I’m wondering if it’s worn wrong-side out…?
If anyone knows a pattern for a similar hat with chunky yarn, that would be great help!

10 Likes

My husband I binged it over two days. We both loved it!! That hat is amazing, you should recreate it for sure.!

Heather

3 Likes

Definitely looks inside out, maybe half double crochet? What I find interesting is it looks like a beret top, the brim got reduced a bit, then flares out again for a loose fit? I can see a dip a few rows after the brim that makes it look that way for me. Might be slightly slouchy in the back, can’t really tell.

4 Likes

Her eye make up is distracting me from looking at the hat. :grimacing: :laughing:

I also think it’s somewhat slouchy. The yarn seems to be very soft and airy, but yes, bulky. Some sort of roving yarn maybe ?

4 Likes

I binged it alone, then the moment I finished I made my other half binge it with me again! I just loved it so much! And the outfits…joy to my eyes! :heart_eyes:
I will try to recreate it, I need to find the right yarn…

3 Likes

Makes sense!
I think it is a bit flared out, but not fully like a beret, I think it is more subtle, like in driver hats…? The brim is more what I’m worried about to be honest…and finding the right wool…

2 Likes

YES! That’s when she was really influenced with late 60’s musicians and singers and went for a rockish style :slight_smile:

Roving yarn might be a good option to try! It does look very smooth like cotton candy…
I never crocheted with it before, did you try it?

3 Likes

I’m curious ! What’s that show called, is it on Netflix ?

I’ve never tried working with roving yarn, sorry. But yes, like cotton candy !

ETA: nevermind, I found out, it’s the Queen Gambit.

5 Likes

I watched it a second time, and that’s when I could really notice all the different outfits and accessories! :purple_heart:

3 Likes

Ah yes, when watching a second time you can look at different things. :slight_smile:
I hope you’ll find a pattern for a similar hat soon, because the weather is getting colder around Northern Europe !

2 Likes

I don’t think it’s roving, the stitches seem to have too much definition for that. But I could be wrong :woman_shrugging:

5 Likes

It does look very structured and even sized, but also soooo smooth like cotton candy!
Do you know of any yarn that looks really smooth?

5 Likes

@MimosTejidosArtesanales You might be right, but I’m not sure.
The hat in the picture does have a similar fluffy look. :thinking: :slight_smile:

@lir Yes it definately looks like cotton candy !
I’m just thinking, are you familiar with Phildar Phil Big, this is in Dutch called ‘lontgaren’ which has a similar look.
Have you already found a suitable pattern to make a hat like that ?

3 Likes

@lir. No, I don’t know a yarn like that. But if I had to choose sth from my stash I would go with a smooth XL cotton that I think could work

. Sth like that would have good stitch definition and still look soft. You’ll just have to search the jumbo sections until you find sth that might work, that’s a dangerous thing though, you’ll surely find plenty of other beautiful yarns you’ll just have to take home :woman_shrugging:

5 Likes

Here are 3 more pictures of the hat. I really want you to recreate it, hehe ! :blush:

@lir

6 Likes

@lir is it me or does she almost look like a doll in this photo?! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

I’ll do my best!!! Thank you Marjan! :purple_heart:

3 Likes

You’re right, she really does!!
She has quite pouty lips and large eyes, so I guess it gives her that doll-like look

3 Likes

@Millionbellscrochet it’s definitely inside out

3 Likes

Yes I think so too.

4 Likes