PSA about yarn barf

For crying out loud, spread the word…
STOP SQUEEZING THE YARN AT THE STORE
You want yarn barf? This is how you get yarn barf. You can gently pinch a couple of strands on the outside of the skein, there is no need to accordion squish it over and over and put it back for the next person to suffer with.

Dont GIF by Katelyn Tarver

11 Likes

smackdown live what GIF by WWE

6 Likes

I like, gently touch the surface of the skein to check texture XD but to be fair, my skeins get squished more in my bag going back home than they do in store :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

I picked the least abused looking skein of that color on the shelf and it still had about a third of its guts tangled :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

Cat GIF by happydog

3 Likes

I honestly don’t squish yarn at the store, I just pet it :joy:

2 Likes

I see it on YouTube all the time… They will spend a full 5 minutes talking about a yarn while holding it and the entire time the will be holding it with one hand on each end and squeeze the ends with their hands like claws then squish the ends together towards the center. Back and forth like it’s a concertina then have the audacity to get upset about the yarn barf and tell other people not to buy it because it’s super squishy but has lots of tangles.

Full House 90S Tv GIF

3 Likes

I just poke the yarn once to feel it, or softly pet like a cat, also once.
Why would you want to treat it like a stress ball?

3 Likes

I have a theory

Marilyn Monroe Dipshit GIF

5 Likes

Please don’t laugh…
But what is yarn barf???
I feel the strand of the yarn to feel its texture, but thats it

4 Likes

When you try to center pull the yarn from the skein and a big wad pulls out because the center of the skien got squished and caused half knots in the center

3 Likes

hey i already did that

Another thread of crochet slang

3 Likes

but a lot of folks don’t know that the squeezing can cause it

4 Likes

i probably heard that i dont remember where i heard it

3 Likes

I complain about it all the time

3 Likes

2 Likes