question about interactive charts

@Ribblr
Question about duplicating an existing chart. Can I? I don’t want to take a chance on losing my current flag eagle chart. But, I want to make another pattern with just the eagle. Instead of remaking the entire eagle chart, can I duplicate the one I have? And then change the background to all blue? Or, if I change all the colors on the new one, will they stay the same on the flag eagle one, using the same chart? Scary moment for me … :scream: Thoughts?

6 Likes

Oh, I know this one!
Let me get my laptop so I make sense

5 Likes

ok, I don’t remember the exact wording in the system, but when you make a new pattern, you have the option to add a chart to it. You get to choose a new chart or an existing chart from your library.
You pull up the existing chart, edit it, rename it, then apply it to the new pattern.
You can test this now by making a fake new pattern, and follow the steps, but just change a small section that would be easily fixed and rename it and apply it. exit everything then go back and check the new pattern and your chart list, both should be there and both different. That is how I did the charts for my hats.
The charts are a separate library that allows you to apply a chart to multiple patterns (like matching hat and scarf) without having to make all new charts for each one. cool, huh?

5 Likes

Nice, I already started a new pattern to test. Not sure I saved with a new name though … Thank you so much. I will update you.

4 Likes

Not getting the name to change… Nevermind, getting it. :tada:

5 Likes

Got it working perfectly on the test. Still nervous about the flag eagle chart … trying now …

4 Likes

Done. Thanks for your help! :tada:

5 Likes