question of the day

What is your favorite and least favorite stitch? :yarn:

I loveeee doing half double crochets but my least favorite is a triple crochet. I just hate hooking the yarn so many times

10 Likes

I dislike any stitch that is supposed to solve a problem that didn’t exist and actually makes it much more complicated
Example would be the Norwegian purl stitch or that stupid tiktok 5 step color change crochet stitch

5 Likes

Hmm that’s actually a hard one, I don’t think I’ve done enough stitches to determine my likes or dislikes from them yet, but I’ve done my fair shair of different types to say my favorite would probably be the crocodile stitch for now because I love the the texture it gives! But I have a love hate relationship with it so it could be considered my least favorite solely for the fact that it’s a yarn eater lol :rofl:

4 Likes

Some stitches are less enjoyable to do than others, but I will not avoid them if that is what is needed for the design

4 Likes

my favorite stitch is the single crochet because it’s simple. my least favorite is the double crochet or treble crochet because it’s just annoying.

4 Likes

For me color changes kinda annoy me just because of all the constant tying of ends

4 Likes

favorite: single crochet
least: sl st lol

3 Likes

I like a moss stitch because it’s stretchy, easy, repetitive, and looks great. Not a fan of big puff stitches. They are not fun. I often substitute a bobble or popcorn. There are instances when only a pluff stitch will do, but they are persnickety to both pull through and keep uniform throughout a project. … but maybe it’s just me :wink:

4 Likes

never seen those sounds complicated tho

2 Likes

never heard of that stitch :eyes:

3 Likes

ive always wanted to try the moss stitch!

2 Likes

I like to just carry the yarn so I have less ends

3 Likes

I love the half double crochet stitch and dislike immensely the crochet bullion stitch.

3 Likes

The spider stitch is excruciatingly annoying, when you’ve had to do it rows after rows :rofl: I seriously disliked doing it. Amongst my favorites are the granny stitch for simplicity, the puff stitch for visual appeal and any stitch that’s longer than a hdc.

3 Likes

I love almost every stitch going because they have their own uses. However, I do try to avoid the double treble (treble in American) because it aggravates my repetitive strain injury in my wrist.

3 Likes

For some reason I love the sc after you do a color change in amigurumi. IDK if it’s the same when doing flat projects but when doing amigurumi and you just did a color change you basically take your two yarn tails and kind of make them part of your project as you do your sc (sorry I’m bad at describing things) I find this process sooooooo satisfying and calming. As for least favorite stitch I don’t think I’ve been crocheting long enough to find what mine is.

4 Likes

It’s so pretty! Here’s a bag I found that uses that stitch along with the site it’s on, but definitely a yarn eater :grin::yarn:

4 Likes

I think my favorite stitch is the hdc because its so satisfying. But my least favorite is bobble stitch cause its kinda annoying. But, i havent been crocheting that long soooo… lol

3 Likes

I can’t stand doing any picot stitches. Mine never come out and I spend so much time on each one trying to make it look good. Favs hdc and dc

6 Likes

I would have to say my fav are half double crochets or double crochets but my least favorites are slip stitches and front/back post double crochets. They are always hard to work with and don’t look how I want in the end!

3 Likes