Question.. What is the biggest sized crochet hook you have used?

I think the biggest sized crochet hook I’ve used is 10 mm but I heard you can get like 40 mm sized hook, have any of you guys used them? Also am I the only one that doesn’t like using hooks that are below 2.5mm I dunno I always end up bending them. Maybe I’m too heavy handed. lol. Anyways be sure to tell me all your opinions.

Happy crocheting :blush:

19 Likes

I am also “heavy handed” with thise little hooks! I have a hook that is a 40mm and used it to make some rugs for my house with macrame cord. I will say my arms Hurt when done but they turned out really cute!

12 Likes

10mm

7 Likes

I think my largest is a 7mm lol not very big but not to small

7 Likes

That’s really cool!

6 Likes

The biggest I’ve used is a 16 mm for a blanket but I don’t even know where that hook went because I barely use it :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

Oh that’s a shame :frowning:

6 Likes

My biggest crochet hook is 15mm, 8mm, 7.oomm,

:laughing:

7 Likes

I have this big boy. Q-15mm. I’ve used it for super-bulky and ribbon.
The smallest - .0.60mm with 50 thread.

9 Likes

Chonky Boi…

6 Likes

God love ya with that itty bitty hook! No way i could use that!

6 Likes

What did you make with ribbon? :two_hearts:

7 Likes

The biggest hook I’ve used is a 15mm one to make this cardigan. I don’t even own the hook :joy: I used my friend’s

15 Likes

i have a 19mm that used to be my aunts. i have yet to use it but i think it’s cool to have

8 Likes

My first hook was a 14mm bamboo one because I thought I’d make huge amigurumi, but ended up not being able to find any big yarn that worked with it lol, used like multiple strands of yarn but that was frustrating as beginner

Later found an old smaller hook, made something small and now got a decent range of sizes but that 14mm is still the biggest (biggest I use is a 10mm one though)

6 Likes

I have two really large Tunisian hooks that I bought from Bag Smith years ago at a fiber convention. (Sadly, the company is no longer in business.)

One is 25 mm and the other is 19 mm. Both are about 22-24 inches long. I’ve used the larger hook to make a shawl for a friend, holding multiple strands of yarn, but I admit that it was the only time that I did.

On the fun side, my son got a kick out of them when I brought them home from the convention and instantly used them for ninja poses.

ETA photo

14 Likes

I’m pretty sure this is the largest I’ve used- Q17 which is 15.75mm

8 Likes

My mum gave me a 25mm but I cannot get my hands happy with it. The biggest i use is 12mm

6 Likes

ive used a 12mm crochet hook before, i can use a 2mm but anything below that gets destroyed :joy:

7 Likes

That’s a chonky cardigan

8 Likes