Question.. What is the biggest sized crochet hook you have used?

Heh heh heh :smirk:

8 Likes

woah that’s a chonky boi hook

7 Likes

I would probably do the same as your son if I had one of those. lol

8 Likes

lets just ignore the ones that are in ‘L’ shapes :smirk:

8 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:

7 Likes

She gave me for yarn used in arm knitting and although I’m not a knitter I’d rather arm knit with it than crochet. So much hand cramp -_-;

6 Likes

Oops, I meant ribbon yarn like Red Heart Boutique for a chain scarf.

6 Likes

Oh, I hot that :smiley:
I’m just at a total loss as to what to make with it :smiley:

5 Likes

according to google you can make belts, headbands and scarves and apparently it’s also good to make flashy bags

4 Likes

Woah those are GIGANTIC! @TeaLover

5 Likes

They are! Even though I’ve only used them once, I"m glad that I bought them, as they are rather unique.

5 Likes

I’ve used a 25MM hook before! I was using a chunky yarn to make a pouf. It was surprisingly really easy to use and honestly helped me understand crocheting in the correct stitches because the loops were so big LOL. I did have to take breaks because the hook was so large and hurt my wrists more. I normally use a 4MM for most of my projects. Pic for reference!
IMG_2962

9 Likes

Kate Mckinnon Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

7 Likes

:laughing: My family was making fun of me for days whenever they saw me with that. My dad couldn’t believe they made crochet hooks that big.

7 Likes

I’ve used a 15 MM resin hook once. But it wasn’t very ergonomic so my joints hated it. Haven’t used it since.
But I found it at a Japanese dollar store so I didn’t spend a ton of money on a hook I never use at least!

5 Likes

@BLKoll What were you trying to make with it?

5 Likes

I made a spider web type scarf with super bulky yarn. I’m not sure if I still have it, but I remember having fun making it at the time.

5 Likes

I used a 40mm hook to make one of those extra chunky blankets. It was like crocheting with a pop can. Worked up so fast, but my arms were sore for days.

7 Likes

The smallest I have ever used was some tiny steel hook that I used with sewing thread to make a tiny holder for a jewelry cabochon. I felt like my eyes were going to cross :laughing:

6 Likes

Cat Face GIF

4 Likes