Random poll bc i want to - Knitting or Crochet?

Hi. Just a random poll cuz i want to. Which do you think is easier: knitting or crocheting. Personally i think crocheting but i just started knitting. What do u think?

• Crocheting
  • Knitting
0 voters
10 Likes

I chose knitting because I run a crochet and knit after school club and I was teaching a student to crochet for the past three weeks and I was being very patient and teaching the steps clearly and making them as simple as I can for her to understand and learn them, but we still haven’t gotten past the single crochet and how to make a slip knot, which was fine because im very patient but she says she wants to learn how to knit as well. So my co-leader, who is a knitter, taught her how to knit. And then she goes to me and says that she’s learned more things with my co-leader in a day than with me for the past three weeks… I don’t know what my point was that the story, but either way I guess knitting is way easier than crochet :woman_shrugging:

7 Likes

Ouch…

3 Likes

brain cant comprehead knitting lol :joy: :rofl: :joy: :rofl:

3 Likes

Same lol this is the best I can do w knitting

4 Likes

better than me

3 Likes

I think knitting cause it’s the same movements and you basically just need to learn how to knit and purl, and in crochet tons of stitches are needed yk? Idk I personally think both are easy lol

4 Likes

I only find crochet easier because I learned it first.

I’m pretty sure that those who learned knitting first probably find crochet awkward

Those who learned both at the same time probably have no problems with either

Also the younger you learn the better

4 Likes

Crochet is easier for me just because I do it for hours every day, and I barely knit :smiling_face_with_tear:
I’m thinking of doing some more knitting because Ribblr has so many beginner patterns though

3 Likes

i’ve only crocheted bf hehe :sweat_smile: lol

3 Likes

Never knitted but I want to so badly cuz I feel like crochet clothes are just more awkward to wear

4 Likes

I do both but I crochet more than I knit.

3 Likes

i think crochet was easier to learn the basics of, but knitting is easier to do for an extended period of time. idk my hands cramp up/get tired pretty quickly when crocheting but i can knit for several hours without too much trouble

3 Likes

There’s no wrong way to play with yarn!
Cat GIF by happydog

I can knit and crochet easily, I learned both at a young age. I switch back and forth depending on what type of fabric or project I want to achieve. Crochet is so much better for most amigurumi, knitting is better for warm winter accessories without much bulk. I love the look of knit lace but it’s so fiddly I’d rather crochet lace.
I find continental style knitting is more ergonomic, with movements more similar to crochet vs. English style knitting, for any crocheters struggling with learning knitting.

2 Likes

I think crochet is easier hold yarn in one hand and hook in other ,while knitting is slightly difficult but I really want to master both skills

2 Likes