Random question...

Ok so this is probably one of the strangest questions ever, but I’m genuinely curious. So I was looking at like nail inspo and stuff, and it came to my attention that lots of people have different sized phalanges lol. Anyways, I want to figure out what is the most common! Also for the both are the same options, try to avoid those unless you really can’t tell, thanks, haha. Okayy let’s get started with my random survey…

First of all, is your index (pointer) finger taller, or is your ring finger?

• Index (pointer) finger
  • Ring finger
  • Both are the same height
0 voters

Next, this one’s kinda hard to figure out, but is your thumb or pinky finger taller?

• Thumb
  • Pinky finger
0 voters

Ok last one, is your big toe or second toe taller?

• Big toe
  • Second toe
0 voters

Thank you for participating in my random pursuit of knowledge, I appreciate it

26 Likes

That’s actually so weird, on my left hand my index and ring are the same height, but in my right my ring finger is like a cm taller! I never noticed that :joy:

8 Likes

Lol this was so funny to answer

5 Likes

random pursuits of knowledge are the best <3

6 Likes

Ya it’s interesting isn’t it lol

3 Likes

Lol ikrrrr I sometimes just think of the strangest things and I ask my friend and she’s just like what…?

1 Like

Yesss I love pursuing random knowledge hehe

2 Likes

Haha frr!!

2 Likes

It’s kind of hard to tell if my ring finger is taller than my pointer finger because if I look at it from the Palm facing me it looks like my pointer finger is longer but when I take the back of my hand towards me it looks like my ring finger is bigger. So I guess they’re both the same height…?

3 Likes

everything is the same- Im a very semetriacl person I guess

2 Likes

It depends on which hand my right hand my index is longer than my ring and my left hand my ring finger is longer than my index.

1 Like

If you look at mine, at first it looks the same… but I’ve always been told I have very good observation skills and I can notice it super easily. If I were to measure the lengths separately, it would only be like 2 mm (millimeters) difference. :fearful:

My thumb and pinky are super different though, they’re like the difference between a rock and a bird. :skull:

2 Likes

For ring finger and index, it really depends on how I hold my hand, sometimes they look even, sometimes my index is taller, and sometimes my ring finger looks taller. But to actually measure them I feel like they would be about the same

1 Like

that was… very random lol

1 Like

Me: ‘this is so random’
Also me: ‘Lets do it!!!’

1 Like

i have that but it’s the opposite!! do you write with your right hand? i write with my left, so maybe it’s related to that??

1 Like

Yeah that’s me too :sweat_smile: I was running around asking everyone I saw to see their feet too… :skull:

1 Like

Ya but at least I didn’t ask you irl to see your hands and feet lol :joy:

1 Like

What if someone doesn’t have an middle finger ? I feel so bad for her (I know someone who crochets with out one :confounded::tired_face::sob:

1 Like

I used to see these charts, I think they float around every couple of years. They probably have one for hands too, but it’s interesting(if true) :joy:

2 Likes