Searching patterns

Hey all,
I was checking my library of patterns and wanted to check all by a specific creator. I tried to search their name using the top bar but it found no result.
Is there a way to see all the patterns you’ve purchased from a designer or do I have to grab paper and just go through my whole library and write it down manually?
Tia for any help :green_heart:

15 Likes

That’d be a nice feature if not already in place

8 Likes

We currently only support searching by pattern name in your patterns library, however we think that could be a neat addition! We’re changing this to a suggestion :blush:

19 Likes

Thanks so much. Will save me a little recycling :rofl:

7 Likes

Hopefully one in future. I have started having more by the same people and would be nice to find the patterns by them easily. Not a big deal just slightly easier for me

9 Likes

I’ve been dying for this feature! Would make things so much easier!:sob:

10 Likes

was thinking the same thing a few days ago, would be cool to be able to look through only purchased patterns. would be easier to find

8 Likes

Thanks for letting us know! Do you have many patterns from the same designer?

8 Likes

Yes and often designers will name a pattern with a funny name (ex “mushy” for a mushroom pattern). If I search mushroom, but it’s not in the pattern name it won’t come up. I’ve had to go to the main Ribblr search page, search the designer, and then access my patterns that way​:laughing::sweat_smile::face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth:

8 Likes

That’s great feedback! Thank you so much. We’ll do our best to expedite this for June’s feature drop :crossed_fingers:

7 Likes

@Ribblr gonna be a little cheeky and add another suggestion relating to this.
It would be cool if the standard pattern area could tell you which patterns you’ve already purchased. Currently whether you bought a pattern or not it looks the same in the listing. Its not a big issue, just while its came up.

10 Likes

YES THIS!
I just want to browse patterns I don’t have yet​:sob:

7 Likes

Looking forward to it!:partying_face:

7 Likes

Even just a little symbol or “purchased” where the price is would do. Its just confused me a few times :rofl:

6 Likes

Ohhh great point! Like, appearing less opaque or a little symbol next to it or something

6 Likes

Exactly, just a little visual cue so my silly brain doesn’t panic thinking I’ve broke my account for a moment :rofl:

7 Likes

Loll, I always end up having to click back cause I forgot I already have a pattern :sweat_smile: and at times I was like “when the fluff did I buy this?!?” Only to realize people had gifted it to me but I never saw the email.

6 Likes

I’ve done that a few times too. I’m forgetful and people are kind :green_heart:

7 Likes

Sorting by pattern name kinda only works if you know and/or remember the pattern name. Also, some designer’s have pretty unique & catchy names that dont reflect the project by itself.
For example, a sweater pattern titled “Sunny-daze” does not reflect that it is an open cardigan with short sleeves that designer made in bright yellow.
If I were to search for cardigans, for instance, Sunny-daze, or any other similar name would not be included. Maybe an idea to search in description as well, or better yet have each current category (crochet, sewing, knitting, tunisian) drop down or offer sub-categories? But, I guess that would only work if somehow designers were able to categorize their items or make sure description contains pertinate information.
Sorry, im just pondering the extent & hard work it must take @Ribblr to produce our suggestion & thoughts! WOW, thanks to the app development team!!!

4 Likes

There’s currently category options for clothing, accessories, toys etc but people use then incorrectly and subdivisions would be great. Like in clothing tops, bottoms, outter wear would be cool and toys with animal, human, inanimate would be cool. The sites still growing so plenty time for all these little improvements.

2 Likes