Sell your MAKES | June 2022 FEATURE DROP is here! đŸ”„

Love the royalties idea that’s super cool!! Also love being able to add a line in middle of pattern :raised_hands:

Very excited to check all this out later when I get onto the computer :heart::heart:

6 Likes

@anon8927812 @Livlee

Thanks for the kind words! Glad you love it :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

Sure! Simply make a journal note from within your own design. You can just turn Ribbuild mode off to see the journal icon.

That is not an option currently.

7 Likes

This is great to see on this end now. I see most say international shipping, but mine says domestic. Is that because I added both? Also, if I am shopping for makes, does the price show in our currency? I love this.

Also, I love the patterns, testing, and archive tabs being separate.

As I look through other’s makes not for sale, I had a thought. Could you add a “request a make” like that one feature?

7 Likes

That is something we are looking at for future releases, although shipping cost vary depending on locations, weight and size.
We recommend checking what it costs for you based on your design, with which courier you want to use.

As mentioned - people already sell makes from patterns they own on other platforms - there isn’t a way to limit people from doing so. However the main difference is that on other platforms you don’t get credit, it’s not linked to your shop, and you don’t get paid royalties.

We’re here to create a better, fairer and much more friendly way to sell and buy makes.

5 Likes

Glad you’re excited! :star_struck:

6 Likes

Shipping automatically updates based on your location.
For example - if someone sells a make from the US and you’re also from the US you’ll automatically see the ‘domestic shipping’ option.

Yes it does :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I edited my post after you replied and wanted to be sure you saw this request. :yarn:

6 Likes

That’s definitely something we’re considering for future updates.

This is just the beginning :wink:

7 Likes

I love this idea!!

6 Likes

Isn’t really answering my comment. It isn’t fair to not let designers get the option to not let anyone sell from their pattern. To make a change you need to start it not justify your actions because others are doing it

8 Likes

This is so great! I have been looking for platforms to sell on and this is on my list! I also love the royalties option! I think that’s so creative!!

7 Likes

Yes, but if Ribblr does make this option, you may still have people selling their makes with your pattern on Etsy, and Shopify, etc, and you can’t control that so what difference does it have on Ribblr (besides getting paid). I would say maybe put a disclaimer on your pattern saying, “please do not sell the finished product.” And in the description in case people are buying the pattern just to sell. I feel like if you are putting your pattern out there, you can’t really expect no one to make it, then sell it because a lot of crocheters these days sell there stuff. I’m not saying that you can’t have control over your own pattern, but it’s just stuff that you have the least amount of control in.

7 Likes

Awesome! Can’t wait to see your makes! :partying_face:

6 Likes

I believe it will make a difference. It takes just a small step. With the giant platform Ribblr is, it’s will make a great difference. I know Ribblr can do it since they always try to be fair with their designers

8 Likes

With this on the pattern, it would be helpful. Maybe a report button if we see someone selling something they shouldn’t?

Also, do we get a notification when someone lists our pattern make? or just when they sell one?

12 Likes

That’s a good idea!

5 Likes

That’s what I’m saying. Ribblr can do it. But they could still sell on Etsy and other platforms. So just because Ribblr does it, doesn’t mean it stops everything. So when you put your pattern out you have to expect people to sell the finished product. Which is why maybe you should put a disclaimer on your pattern.

6 Likes

Can i turn off international shipping because i only want to sell in the UK not internationally?

8 Likes

Can a designer sell there items thay make?

5 Likes