Sell your MAKES | June 2022 FEATURE DROP is here! šŸ”„

@theblackberryhook Glad you like it and thanks for your support! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

@roundthecauldron @amit2677 Thanks for sharing your feedback! Weā€™ll take it onboard going forward.

6 Likes

Thank you Ribblr. I want trying to be rude like people were assuming. I just wanted to give my opinion. If you donā€™t agree thatā€™s fine. Donā€™t try to change my opinion because you think itā€™s a lost cause. I donā€™t think so and I hope Ribblr thinks itā€™s not a lost cause. Ribblr is an amazing place that has taught me so much. Iā€™m not asking Ribblr to do it now but whenever they add new features, they can add this too.

7 Likes

I donā€™t think you were trying to be rude by asking the question. As designers, the only thing we can ask a maker not to do with our patterns is sell it or claim it as their own. Unfortunately we have no control over a maker selling physical products from our patterns. We can ask but they are not obligated legally to comply. The only way to prevent this is to not sell the pattern at all. Maybe more people will ask Ribblr to do this and it will become a feature in the near future.

4 Likes

Thatā€™s exactly what I was saying. If Ribblr added the feature in the future, we as designers could get a little bit more control. Thank you :clap:

5 Likes

Just to clarifyā€¦I would have to create a journal first in order to sell my makes. Right?

5 Likes

I agree on this, as a designer I donā€™t want people to sell things out of my patterns although they could do it behind my back I still think I deserve the option to let people know ā€œnot off my patterns thanksā€, Iā€™m still going to specify on my patterns that theyā€™re for personal use only and not for sale as if someone wants it they can buy it from me, the designer, directly or as a commission :upside_down_face:

7 Likes

Glad to here some people agree with me. I hate how others were saying itā€™s a lost cause. Itā€™s only a lost cause until you believe that.

5 Likes

Yes! Itā€™s like that so the designer can earn some money too.

4 Likes

Can you sell crochet hooks? Iā€™ve a whole set of Furls Odyssey hooks with leather pouches that I donā€™t use.

5 Likes

I like this @amit2677
For instance, for some of my patterns I donā€™t sell finished products, so itā€™s ok to sell anywhere. I specify that. But on other patterns, Iā€™m ok if you sell it not on Etsy, because I sell finished products of some patterns just donā€™t want to have any competition with my own design. So I specify that. Thatā€™d be a cool feature, although, with the controversy over finished product is yours and yours to do what you wish, or listen to what the designer says about their pattern, they worked hard on it and you should respect them. Itā€™s a hard tightrope to walk, and @Ribblr probably wants to tread carefully as to not make anyone mad.
Sorry for the long reply :sweat_smile:
:orange_heart:Nicole

7 Likes

Iā€™m not arguing, iā€™m sharing my opinion and point of view like you. Iā€™m not trying to be rude.

4 Likes

I get that. Itā€™s just a idea that they can use in the future.

4 Likes

Donā€™t get me wrong, I love this idea! Iā€™m just saying thereā€™s a lot of controversy surrounding it and no one wants people to get mad at them :grimacing: Hope you get my gist : )

2 Likes

I was wondering. When you sell your make using someone elseā€™s pattern. The person who made the pattern when they get paid, is that taking out money from what the person who sold the make is getting? Or no.

5 Likes

Yeah I know. Thatā€™s why I was saying to do it maybe in the future

4 Likes

To give you a simple example- you sold a make for $30. A sale fee of 4% is taken and a royalty of 50c is added to the designerā€™s balance.

7 Likes

What an awesome update!! Iā€™ve been exploring the new feature and was wondering if we are able to put more than one photo for our makes we want to sell? Iā€™m not sure if itā€™s possible or if Iā€™m missing where the option is entirely :laughing:

9 Likes

Can u sell makes that are made with patterns that are not from ribblr or not.

5 Likes

The idea of makes is that they show the entire crafting journey. Each note can currently only contain one photo, but you can add as many notes as you want.

We want buyers to be a part of your journey, and to understand the work & creativity (and sweat!) that goes into making each unique item you are selling.

7 Likes

@stichedbysisters :wave:

Weā€™ve answered that above - you cannot currently do that.
You can sell a make for any pattern, free or paid, but you must have acquired it on Ribblr. This helps us create a fair relationship between makers and designers and to pay out royalties too

6 Likes