Selling patterns on ribblr

Does anyone know if @Ribblr intend to expand the way shops can sell on here?
I like having patterns on here and love the community but due to Stripe rules I cannot list patterns for sale.
Iā€™d love to be able to test patterns I wish to sell but I donā€™t think there would be aby point assigning testers on ribblr when I cannot sell on ribblr.

I know Iā€™m not the only person with issues with Stripe so I canā€™t be alone in being walled out of selling patterns on here by them.
I have already had a stripe account for a previous role but they will not allow me to use this account for ribblr.

I have worked super hard on some of my patterns and thereā€™s a big project I plan to work on this year that I simply wonā€™t be able to add to ribblr without an alternative way to have it chargeable. I know Iā€™m not keen to return to etsy so it leaves me in an awkward position.

Just curious for others thoughts really.

14 Likes

Ive tried making an account on Stripe and it wasā€¦really weird and awkward and I canā€™t complete it for use.
even though I hate Paypalā€™s policies Im just much more comfortable using that or any card
and really wish Ribblr would use other ways to pay. Even if as simple as Paypal, although my favorite is CashAppā€¦ CashApp is America only so its not much better.

7 Likes

Not to get too into the weeds, but if you look at what paypal is and what it does and how it works versus b what stripe is, what it does, and how it works you would understand why a company life ribblr would choose Stripe over PayPal, they are not the same type of service.
As a customer, there is little difference but if you are on the other side, there is A HUGE difference. PayPal works on etsy because on etsy YOU are the business. Etsy is a virtual version of renting a space in a building and setting up your own shop and taking on all the responsibility of a small business while etsy is just the landlord and has nothing to do with your business.
Ribblr is a department store that has agreed to carry and sell your product on your behalf for a small consignment. RIBBLR is the business, you are only a vendor. They take the role of the business owner and you are another brand they carry.
You canā€™t use PayPal at ribblr for the same reason you canā€™t use it at the grocery store or department store. Paypal Was never built to be used for that purpose and simply will not provide all of the services and customization needed for a large business.
Stripe is offered in the most countries of any other processing company, second only to PayPalā€¦ But life I said, PayPal would be useless in this type of structure

11 Likes

Hey @GotenkslovesmeCraft ! Would love to know more about your issues so we can better address them going forward. @AiyetFelisAgrus same - any feedback is appreciated!

Stripe is a fantastic service, and is far superior in service and price compared to most similar payment companies out there. However, I appreciate they do have some limitations - mostly when it comes to support in LATAM, Africa and parts of Asia. The team are aware of it and are working to add support for more regions. It does take time though, as itā€™s a complex task all round.

Your input is appreciated! :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Who should I contact to discuss the issues with stripe? I donā€™t really want to put my personal business public but I will never be able to get an account with Stripe while they have the restrictions they do for having an account with them for ribblr.
Like stated, despite using them for another service, they do not allow this to be merged, which is also a problem but I cannot open a Stripe account via ribblr so I cannot sell via ribblr.

3 Likes

You can reach out to our team @Ribblr with all the sensitive information.

From what I can gather, though, it sounds like you already have a Stripe account but cannot connect it to Ribblr.
If you already connected your Stripe account to a different platform, you would need to open another ā€˜sub-accountā€™ and connect it to Ribblr. Click at the top left on your Stripe dashboard, then youā€™ll have an option to add an account.

If this isnā€™t what the issue is then our team can help further!

5 Likes

Yeah, thatā€™s not the issue, although it is another issue beyond the main problem/a point I do not understand.
Thanks for your help, will message now.

3 Likes

PayPal doesnā€™t operate in all countries either. So even if Ribblr accepted both Stripe and PayPal I suspect that some countries would still be unable to use either one.

3 Likes

@tygger428
Yeah, Iā€™m not a fan of paypal as a company so would prefer not to use them either but they at least let me have an account, unlike Stripe.

1 Like

Stripe allows many more forms of payment than paypal and does not hold your funds. Everything is up front and flat rate for everyone and allows for more volume of online payments than paypal.
And I think you said that you already have a Stripe account, so it does let you have one there is just a hitch in connecting it that you need help with, Thatā€™s different than not letting you have one.

1 Like

the real difference isnā€™t where they operate but what types of accounts you can use to link them to for payments. Stripe allows more kinds of accounts to be linked.

1 Like

When they told me I had to start fresh they then told me I could not proceed for the personal above mentioned reasons.
Stripe have told me, they will not set up an account and they donā€™t care I had one set up via another service before.

1 Like

Iā€™m sure you just got one bad repā€¦ if it can be figured out, I have faith ribblr will do it.

1 Like

It was Stripe not ribblr I spoke to and I spoke to multiple people there. Iā€™m sure if it was on ribblr themselves, it wouldnā€™t be an issue.

2 Likes

Hi, @GotenkslovesmeCraft Iā€™m sorry to hear that. I just created the stripe account but didnā€™t experience any problems. Maybe you can try to create an account again. If it asks for a business link, try to use a link to your google driveā€™s empty folder. I hope this helps you.

4 Likes

Hey, I spent 2 months in discussion with Stripe for them to confirm they will not set up. Maybe your country has different requirements. Iā€™ll just have to see if ribblr choose to include other methods in future.
Thanks for your input, Iā€™m glad it worked smoothly for you :blush:

3 Likes

Did you ever follow through with the ribblr team on this? I think they said they could fix it.

2 Likes

We had a chat but cane to no immediate redolution.

1 Like

I had issues too they randomly stopped approving my Ribblr as proof I was selling product, with provided justification that they couldnā€™t see the page with the link provided, although, my shop is very much there loll loll. Luckily I was able to provide a different platform and my Ribblr payments are still supported through there.

3 Likes

For security and regulation purposes Stripe must request verification documents from you so they would restrict your profile if you cannot provide those.

3 Likes