Sensory-issues safe yarn and what to avoid!

Hello there!
If you have sensory issues, and your looking for yarn to avoid (or buy) and you order yarn online, i’d like to share what yarn’s i find pleasing and what ones make me ick

If anyone else has any in the comments iol add them<3 (describe texture pls!)

Icky

• Sugar n’ creme yarn (the texture is like hay and rubber had a malformed baby… i wanted to get this for the color but when i went to the store to get it the texture was disgusting to me)
  • Red heart super saver (Its not the absolute worst texture, but it kinda feels like a iron wool brush to me)
  • velvet yarn (Depends on the person, but i absolutely despise anything and everything velvet the texture is so eugh )

Good textures!

• bernat baby blanket yarn (always a good choice, nice and soft, doesn’t pile/chunk up when you undo rows)
  • Big twist Acrylic (I get alot of my acrylic yarn off them, mainly because they are cheap and the texture is great!)
  • Big twist plush (It feels a little powdery but overall same as bernat, doesnt pile/chunk up!)
  • Lion brand polyester (I absolutely love this kind of yarn, i think it looks and feels amazing)
  • Loops & Threads (Nice and soft, although piles and chunks up when you undo rows, other than that, amazing brand<3)
22 Likes

AAA YES l LOVE BIG TWIST <33 its like a reasonable price aswell and always seems to be on sale at my joanns :]

7 Likes

FR the acyrlic is like $3 for so much yarn its amazing

6 Likes

BIG TWIST AND LOOPS AND THREADSS hehe

6 Likes

I like acrylic bc they’re vegan, and cheap!

5 Likes

I got like a 1100 yards of worsted yarn from joanns for like 7 dollars

5 Likes

OOH YEAH FORGOT ABT LOOPS & THREADS (ribblr cmon’ this scentence is fuller than my grandma on thanksgiving……)

5 Likes

I hateeeeee Sugar n’ Cream. I only use so much Red Heart cause there’s a lot in a store that’s 3 minutes away

4 Likes

Touching it made my neck skin feel like it was peeling off like trying to peel off a hangnail and it ripping halfway up ur arm

5 Likes

The colors are great but the texture is AWFUL. I can’t imagine wearing clothes made of it :fearful::grimacing:

4 Likes

Fr
Ima figure out their dye batch and sell it to someone else, put them outta buisness… that yarn deserves to be burned with the witches who made them

5 Likes

I’d totally buy from you. You now have your first customer lol

3 Likes

I honestly hateeee bernat baby blanket yarn and stuff similar i really like chenille and loops and threads yarn

4 Likes

IKR sugar and cream is overrated :sob:

4 Likes

Never used it but ive felt it in stores and left it there

3 Likes

I have never used it, ill keel over dead 30 times before usining it

2 Likes

I made the mistake of buying it once to use for a dog toy… I never finished making it

2 Likes

Oh no :sob:

1 Like

My aunt bought me like 6 skeins of big twist worsted yarn for my birthday so i use a lot of that also the only family member who cared to buy or give my anything for my birthday or christmas shes my favorite lol

3 Likes

My b day is coming up my wish list gonna be YARNYARNYARN and only like 3 other things lol

1 Like