Spinning?

Hello Rhonda,

I am so glad I came across your post today here regarding spinning! I do spin using top Whorl Drop Spindles, Turkish Spindles and Spinning Wheel. I thought about starting a personal group my self do you think there would be enough interest?

SpinningBee21
Angela

4 Likes

Here is some of the work I have done plus 3D Printing Spindles.

7 Likes

Love it!! The 3D printer idea is genius and would make the craft more available worldwide.
I didn’t think of it, and since I couldn’t find places that sold drop spindles where I live here is what I came up with…

4 Likes

Yes, I have seen where others have used CD’s to create a Top Whorl Drop Spindle one way of getting started for sure!

3 Likes

I am a newbie here & not sure how to create a thread! I am trying to create a personal page but it looks like first I need to meet a goal of awards they require first.

3 Likes

On mobile click on the top right on “+ New topic” button and then select the right space, tags etc :slight_smile:
On desktop/laptop it should be on the left hand side.
If you’re inside a specific topic you can just click on the logo on the top left (or “community” on the bottom tab on mobile) to go back to main community page.

Hope that helps!

2 Likes

You asked about other YouTube videos for spinning. I watch a channel called Fiber Love Diary, she is an amazing spinner and weaver and has a live spin (or you could knit or crochet, etc) on Sundays at 2pm eastern daylight savings time (USA). It’s fun because she interacts with those chatting on her live feed and answers questions. She is such a fun person. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I started a Spinning conversation regarding my Tour de Fleece spin. I just keep adding to it to update those spins, you are welcome to add your as well, would be cool to see what other spinners are working on. just go to the search bar and type in Spinning or Tour de Fleece and hit enter. :wink:

3 Likes

I’m not Rhonda, but :raised_hands::raised_hands::raised_hands: yes!!
I’m Daisy, nice to meet you Angela :wave:t3:

3 Likes

Oo, I love :heart: that color!

2 Likes

@anoswaldoddity doing a new fractal spin this year with pastel colors. Fractal spins are interesting :).

3 Likes