Survivors

People with chronic illness - physical, mental, whatever often feel like survivors.
Any comments?

9 Likes

Definitely agree! Sensitive, more alert, more awareā€¦ Just to name a few.

4 Likes

I donā€™t really feel like a survivor or anything, more like just feel ā€œnormalā€ like anyone else

Though I do have chronic illnesses (physical mental) and a little bit of trauma, so that kinda sucks, apart from a few exceptions/having to work around stuff everything still works out great for me, so I donā€™t really notice it that much

Though it is nice that people put some more awareness on this kinda stuff, thatā€™s just kinda my thoughts about this

Iā€™m too sleepy to really work out how to put this more into details like what I mean (heck even my English is being messy :joy:) Iā€™m gonna go sleep, hope everyone has a great day/night

4 Likes

Have a good sleep

4 Likes

I mean, as a society we have to stop viewing sensitivity as such a bad thing. Itā€™s not bad, itā€™s just a caracteristic some people have and some have less of.

5 Likes

Yes! 100%

4 Likes

Iā€™m constantly ā€˜survivingā€™ rather than thriving, and Iā€™m trying to be proud of that. Sometimes itā€™s all we can do and we should be kind to ourselves :people_hugging::orange_heart:

6 Likes