Tech editor

Hi there, I jst started doing a tech edit course and I am looking for ways to put my self out there once I’ve completed the course. Is there a section or a place on this app to get my name out to designers, who are looking for their pattern to be checked by a tech editor.

9 Likes

Ribblr has a feature to add an editor to a pattern so they can edit lines etc. However, not sure about the rest :slight_smile:

3 Likes

that’s a little different

3 Likes

Yeah I figured :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I think this is exactly the type of thing that would warrant a new personal space and then maybe regular updates (like monthly) that informs the community that it’s there.
You could set one up for “tech editing services” so that you and anyone else that is into that type of thing but not the actual working up the patterns can list yourselves there to be found.
Here’s the link with all the info

8 Likes

you can have a tester that you really trust and they can make small edits to a pattern , like typos or missing words
A tech editor is someone that will take your rough pattern and make a clean copy of it, translate it into different languages, convert from chart to written or vise versa, can create schematics, can help scale it to be size inclusive. They are different than testers who will work a pattern exactly as written (if edited already) to provide samples for pictures, or will make small notes and edits as they work (which is what we do here in general testing)

5 Likes

That’s exactly right! Designers can assign you as a tech editor so you have access to edit their designs.

You can publish your services in the community, though we kindly ask to avoid any repeated self-promotion.

5 Likes

Yeah I know what an editor is I studied literature :slight_smile: was just saying, as far as I know, that’s the only feature Ribblr offers that comes close to it.

3 Likes