Today’s FO

Today’s FO: The Easy Summer Tank by Originally Lovely

Yes, this is me, enjoying this finished top!! It’s quick to work up, but i’m a multi-project crafter, so it took me a few extra weeks :laughing:
I’ve named this my Morning Coffee Tank, although it’s a mushroom brown xP :mushroom:

18 Likes

I love what you named it lol, it’s a really lovely color especially the name for it :mushroom::smile: what yarn did you use?

1 Like

It’s a KNITTER:grin:

5 Likes

Thank you! I’m a big coffee drinker, and I thought the color would really suit that mood :coffee:

I used Lion Brand’s Comfy Cotton blend in Mochaccino. Unfortunately, it was discontinued from the site a few weeks ago, but you can still buy it from Amazon and other sites if you’re wanting to use that same one.

But if you can’t find it or if you want to use something a little more accessible, I would recommend their Coboo yarn. It’s got the almost the same brown shade, and is the same weight.
The only difference is the yardage (2 cakes of Coboo = 1 cake of Comfy Cotton Blend) and the fiber content. Comfy Cotton Blend contains polyester instead of bamboo. The polyester is a slight hazelnut shade, and it did add a slight warmth to this top, but honestly, if you made this same top with Coboo in “Taupe”, I don’t think anyone would be the wiser.

Coboo’s 35% off today, so if you’re wanting to make this top, or any summer project, right now would be a great time to snatch up that yarn :smiley:

Haha, hope I didn’t overload you with info, I just thought it would be nice to know :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Totally not ashamed of it :grin: I started both knitting and crochet at the same time. My cousin crocheted me a scarf, but I mistook it as knitting, so my granny decided to show me the difference. I ended up choosing both :laughing: no regrets!

3 Likes

Despite what my shop may imply, I am primarily a knitter

5 Likes

I love itttt!! The color is perfect! And the detailing is really nice!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

Thank you! It’s surprisingly a simple, quick knit, the only drawback I have is probably the cast on. It’s super loose, like even though I sewed up the armholes a couple inches, my straps still fall sometimes. Nonetheless, I do enjoy wearing it, and it feels super light to wear :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thanks and no worries! Whenever I post it’s always a lot, I prefer writing and reading long paragraphs :grin: also thanks for the tip for the sale! I actually have some Coboo yarn although it’s a steel blue and lilac purple colors (I think it’s lilac I forgot he name of the purple one lol) ! I really like that yarn :yarn:

4 Likes

That’s cool! I feel that knitting takes a lot more patience at times, but it is so rewarding. I’m actually going to make Alexandra Tavel’s Streamlined Tank in a warm peach colorway this summer, that way I’ll have another knit to wear this Summer :slight_smile:

I haven’t knitted a sweater yet, but I am planning on one when Fall comes. I’ve done a triangle scarf, a chunky cardigan, a set of cabled mitts and scarf for my aunt, another set of mitts for my granny, 2 pairs of socks, a blanket and some baby sets. I have never knitted a hat, a sweater, a shawl, or a cowl. But I do have lots of things queued up on Ravelry and Pinterest I want to try :cowboy_hat_face:

4 Likes

Nice to meet another knitter here. I knit but have crocheted far longer

4 Likes

I have a collection of seamless sweaters in testing right now, 4 knit/ 4 crochet…I can’t wait to get them published!

3 Likes

Nice to meet you too!

Tbh, i have crocheted waaaaay more items than I’ve knitted, but I have sought to catch up with that.
@anon5108995 The first actual garment I ever handknit was a Sirdar halter neck tank from hand-painted linen. (I’ll share 2 photos of it. (I forgot to mention it!!)

I knitted it last year so I could actually handknit something I would wear often. After the first wear, i decided I wanted to make a handmade wardrobe; this is the first piece​:smile:

6 Likes

Both of your tops are lovely; such pretty stitching! That handpainted linen top though, just wow :star_struck:

4 Likes

Haha, same. I enjoy writing too :smiley:

No problem, friend! I love those colors, and they would look great on this top too.

The pattern is a paid one, but the designer has a free online version on her blog, that’s the one I used :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Wooooow, that sounds fun!!! You got this, knitter!!

2 Likes

Thank u so much!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

The yarn for the Linen top is Araucania Ollagua in Opalo de Fuego 06

There’s a funny story behind the yarn in this top. My family and I were at the Outer Banks in North Carolina for vacation about 5 years ago, and my dad pulled over and said “Katie look! I think that’s a yarn shop!!” So my family went with me to a cute yarn shop called The Blue Pelican and we were astounded :star_struck: I never went to an LYS before, so there were yarns I had never heard of, like Queensland, Berroco, Malabrigo, and Araucania.

At the time, I was a young crafter, I had just started crochet and knitting the year before, so I pretty much chose yarn by color :sweat_smile: the prices were too high for me and my beginner self, so I ended up going to the clearance bins, finding the hand-painted linen you see here. ($24…on clearance…) So, when I got home, I had it displayed on my shelf…a souvenir yarn never to be touched ( * - * )…until 2022, 4 years after I bought it :laughing:

I know it’s not good to point out mistakes, but I’m not ashamed of it. The back is that same yarn; the front is more vivid because I bought it off Imagiknit.com, not thinking the dye lot would be any different 4 years later :crazy_face: it’s fine though. It still turned out beautiful :slight_smile:

3 Likes

That is so funny, and I love that your dad was the one who pointed it out to you; how sweet you got explore alongside with your family! It’s always nice when loved ones support your craft. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Also, FWIW, I hadn’t noticed, and I think the yarn’s variegated colorway easily masks any discrepancy between the skeins. :heartbeat: Thank you for sharing the name of it - I’ll have to explore :eyes:

I just recently went to a LYS for the first time in a really long time, and I had a similar experience. I was lucky that a dear friend had gotten me a gift card, so I was able to walk away with something, but even just getting to see and feel all those yarns was a wonderful experience!

3 Likes

Beautiful!! Great to see another knitter here! :heart_eyes::tada:

1 Like

That turned out great​:heart:

1 Like