Urgent Help

im making a pattern for the first time and im literally almost done with it, and i need testers… NOT A TESTER CALL! like i said- this is my first time and i rlly dunno what im doing- if anyone could help with literally anything and everything abt testing- any good advice will help out lots!!<3

tysvm for all ur help guys!

14 Likes

wdym that by u want testers but not a tester call?

4 Likes

Well Ribblr has a video and thats really helpful

4 Likes
6 Likes

sry- my post literally makes no sense and im js so tired rn… and ofc ill check out the vid<3

5 Likes

@SP4C3W4ST3 made a post recently! You should check it out! It pretty much tester calls for dummies (like me )hehe

6 Likes

I want testers for smt I’m making but I can’t seem to figure out how testing works yet. That’s why I’m askin for help before I let anyone test the pattern i am making

4 Likes

Click on the settings of the pattern, click on manage testing, and on post a tester call. In the post, you can precise everything you need, for example if you want the testers to make a journal for it (it will then appear on your pattern page as a review), the due date, yarn and hook requirements, etc. I recommend adding another picture, because the main picture disappears when you modify the picture of the pattern. When people have applied, you can go back in the parameters and click on assign testers. You can approve or reject testers. Then back on the settings, you can create a group message. There you can remind them all the informations. Usually in this chat, the testers will ask questions about the pattern, mention the mistakes they found, give their feedback, send pictures. When the testing period is finished, go back in the parameters, in “assign testers”, and you can gift the pattern to the testers who completed the test, so they receive the pattern and their karma point. Once you have removed the mistakes from your pattern, you can go in the settings and publish it.

6 Likes

You should add a due date for testers and any other important information they will need to know before applying. That way you will have more people that finish your pattern rather than ghosting. Also always make a gc because it is easier to track peoples progress and you wont get lots of chains of messgaes from random testers. Hope this was in someway useful

6 Likes

You gotta click “post a tester call” first. After that you check the “assign testers” section every once in a while until it shows someone applied. Once you accept the number of testers you want, click “make a group message” then you can make a group chat for all of the testers to post their progress.

5 Likes

It’s ok! I’ve never posted a tester call for a pattern either, so I won’t be much help, but I believe in you! You got this! :partying_face: Lol

2 Likes

In a tester call, I would include:
Due date
Yarn and hook requirements
If you will provide extensions

And for everything after, I would:
Message testers after testers are chosen (Choose them in the manage testers tab under settings.)
Check in every day or two
Remove testers who didn’t start by the time due date has arrived (unless they asked for extensions and you granted them)
Gift pattern to testers who finished.
That’s really all!

3 Likes