What did I learn?

25 Likes

:rofl: ooo I remember me procrastinating weaving my ends and it didnā€™t take as long as I thought, the procastation was however longer lol :laughing:

4 Likes

One time, I was making this rainbow top that demands changing color for every stripeā€¦ it took me hours to weave in the ends. Yeah nope, next time Iā€™ll weave in as I go :upside_down_face: only made that mistake onceā€¦ Now I always weave in as I go.

4 Likes

I have mentioned my finishing basket (I put my work in there and Iā€™m not allowed to start any new project if itā€™s full, until I empty it) this came about because I had a sweater that needed seamingā€¦ My absolute least favorite thing, I dreaded this task for over a year. Finally, after gentle bullying from my knitting group, I sat down to seam up this sweater, only to find that I had already seamed it up, I just needed to weave the ends.

5 Likes

10 years: the amount of time procrastinated sewing stars
Unknown: the amount of time to actually see those stars (probably 2 hours based on the 1 or 2 I did already)
Zero: the desire I have to stop procrastinating and finish this blasted blanket because I hate sewing appliques that much! :rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

Oh man, I have so done that! Got so mad at myself when I realized the blasted thing was seamed!
Now Iā€™m finding I actually donā€™t mind seaming as much (still not preferred though)

2 Likes

since then, I have learned to convert to seamless, and then how to draft my own shell formulas that I can just stick any stitch design to. Like my socks.

3 Likes

Why is this so true?!:joy:

2 Likes

Literally, this morning I finished a pair of doll slippers and instead of weaving in the ends I just tied them in a bow and called them ā€œshoe lacesā€. I think it looks okā€¦?

2 Likes

lol!!!
Genius!