What stitch did you first learn

Hi I was just thinking of how and why i started crocheting/ knitting came 4 years later. Well I dont know the whole story but I was told I waited till i was discharged from hospital untill i crocheted. Crocheting helped with the Rymatoid Arthritis through my body and it helped with my hands.
fio de malha GIF by EuroRoma
Also from 2010 till 2020 I was unable to do alot especially with my hands as of been diagnosed with Raynalds Disease so 10 years later i still have excruciating pain through the night early mornings but i can still use now .(hope ok to post this)

16 Likes

It’s been over 20 years, so I honestly don’t know. Probably a single crochet. I, honestly, just got a hook and started putting it through a hole. I had no clue what I was doing, but I knew I wanted to do it! :joy::joy:

11 Likes

I started with finger knitting and then omg itll be 50 years in 4 days well minus 10 years of not been able to crochet but I wanted to say **if ok to say ***Before i had Raynalds i had stsrted knitting a matinee set for a friend ( ive got photos still), i think that was 2009?? But i had to stop as my hands in too much pain but then 2014 when i found out im going to be a nannan i sat up each day and night wirh hotty for heat panodol for pain and for about 6 months i struggled to knit but i finally finished this matinee but for my Granddaughter and my daughter still has it. :joy:

11 Likes

I believe it was basic SC and DC

11 Likes

Chain stitch, I chained an entire skein of yarn when I was 4.

11 Likes

Can you believe it was slip stitch? I did an entire 9 foot long blanket in slip stitch thinking I was practicing my single crochet.
Loki Eye Roll GIF

12 Likes

Chain, then single and double then half double. :hugs:

11 Likes

For some reason just double crochet

10 Likes

I did a dc ripple or chevron blanket first. Started it in a class in 8th or 9th grade.

11 Likes

First I learned was slip stitch. It wasn’t until high school that I figured out there were more stitches :joy:

11 Likes

This is so Koolso many replys :grin:
Its Friday Lol GIF by SLOTHILDA

11 Likes

Im pretty sure knitting was obviously a knit stich :joy: and then for crochet I don’t remember either a SC or a DC

11 Likes

i did this too! i was like “this is single crochet” but uh no. it wasnt.

10 Likes

And now I hate slip stitch! Lol!

9 Likes

I started one like that. My nana had told me how to do a sc. then mom showed my how to do a slip and then I started making a blanket doing a slip stitch thinking it was a sc. after like 50 rows my 13 year old self said I am done with this.

7 Likes

Me too! Theyre really tricky :joy:

7 Likes

8 Likes

Wow!!!

6 Likes

A lot of these comments are just too funny! :joy::rofl::joy:

7 Likes

I have just made 6 or 7 years, i have to check lol, in the summer and i remember exactly how i started
I first started with chains, then the magic circle somehow and then the sc (i realized then that the mc technique was with scs lol) and kept on trying new patterns which had new stitches and now i can pretty much make anything :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes