What was your first crochet project?

my first actual crochet project was an axolotl, and it had huge holes in it, and all of the pieces keep falling off and apart because I didn’t know how to sew them on T-T…what about you?

22 Likes

My first project was an earwarmer/headband

8 Likes

i don’t know what I was thinking starting with an axolotl!! how did the ear warmer/headband go for you?

6 Likes

My first project was a scarf I made 5+ years ago and that was all I made. Two years ago I started again and the first thing I made was a stuffed heart. My youngest then wanted me to make her a Chubzilla so I did and the first one looked like a silly dinosaur. I’ve been crocheting ever since.

7 Likes

cool!

5 Likes

My first project was a halter top with a heart cut out lol. It wasn’t super bad but I ended up taking it apart and making a new one that I still wear now. :]

7 Likes

I made a scarf that looked like an amoeba because I kept adding and subtracting rows unknowingly.

8 Likes

My very first small project was a flower and my first biggest project was a shawl

7 Likes

I don’t remember my first project, it was about 30 years ago, and started with a ton of chains that didn’t turn into anything except maybe bracelets hehe… but the first crochet project I remember making was in college I made some single crochet color block stripes scarves (no pictures)… Then a couple years later I decided to really start crocheting and joined a block a month group where we made two 12" (30.5cm) and a 6" (15.25cm) blocks each month, that I joined into a huge blanket after a year (not sure what was my “first” project while making all of the squares and don’t remember which square was first)

My first knit project was a simple tablet holder- knit flat stockinette with garter stitch at the end, seamed the bottom and side (can’t find the picture, I’ll keep looking and edit it I find)

7 Likes

I always do that. I take things apart and remake them lol

4 Likes

those look so good!!!

5 Likes

My first project was actually a bee, it took be a few hours since I had just been doing sc rows so doing it in the round took a little getting used too, I can do it much faster now lol :rofl:

8 Likes

how did it turn out? I love crocheting bees :heart:

5 Likes

My first was a chevron stitch blanket. Got started in school. I did way to many chains so it was huge. My first that was not squares or rectangles was a hat. Someone gave me one she wanted duplicated. I examined it and was able to recreate it. Basic hat, but still a major accomplishment for me. After that, I could understand (well written) patterns better. That was 12 years ago.

7 Likes

Pretty good, although if I were to make it now it would look better, but for my first time I was really happy with how it came out and still am :smile:

5 Likes

Thanks, we still use it every winter (it would fit a king size bed)

5 Likes

Ohhh the chevron blanket… my grandma always made them (both grandmas crocheted and I don’t remember which one taught me first)… I tried to make one once and hated it

6 Likes

I literally just made a ton of chains and then sold them for like five cents a piece for a while, but then I learned how to crochet in the round and started making a Pokémon that I gave up on and named it bunsickle.

8 Likes

I taught my mama after that. she was so proud. I was glad I was able to help her learn.

6 Likes

It was a bunny and it was terrible :rofl:

6 Likes