What was your first crochet project?

lol

4 Likes

sameeee

4 Likes

Flowers for my bridesmaids bouquets

6 Likes

My first attempted project was a patchwork blanket. I knew only basic stitches back then, somehow decided to use only single crochets, and didnā€™t know about turning chains, so my squares turned out all wonky. I never finished it :joy:. I still got the remains though, and Iā€™m thinking about turning them into a proper blanket now that I know what Iā€™m doing.

My first completed project was a little unicorn stuffy. My tension was horrible, so there were lots of holes in it, and I just cut off my ends instead of weaving them in :face_with_peeking_eye:.

7 Likes

Well technically, it was a random little cloth thing my grandma taught me with, which i use as a chalkboard eraser now :joy: but my first ami was a macaron! The pattern is from a book called Whimsical Stitches, highly recommend for beginners

9 Likes

oh my haha- i tried crocheting in liek 5 grade and made a hat- itā€™s low key kinda cool, but my tension sucked.
then jsut a year and a half ago i realized you could make plushiesā€¦.
i made an octopus with only 5 tentacles ahahah

5 Likes

One of my firsts was a wash cloth and it was so not square

6 Likes

:joy:

4 Likes

I made a frog on yt by pitachan. I also learened the ch and sc first :wink: Iā€™ll send a picture soon :upside_down_face:

5 Likes

My first crochet project was a pot holder. My step-mom, at the time taught me how to crochet, well pot holders anyways. They came out a little lopsided lol. That was 15-20 years ago. Then I tried to make little socks or stocking, I guess, and I only got 1 done, I started the other one but it was a differnt size and everything haha! I put crocheting down and just a few months ago pick it back up and made a jellyfish and a mini octopus. I also made a spider but only had enough yarn to finish 3 legs on it lol :laughing: :rofl: :joy:. My dinosaur I almost got finish, but he is missing an arm because I ran out of the yarn and I cant seem to find that same color chenille yarn I was using from Dollar Treeā€¦

5 Likes

My first project was a granny square blanket that I never finished so I donā€™t really count it. I usually count my first ever plushie which is a seal. It was very understuffed and I didnā€™t know how to dec or inc at that time so it looks quite funky but it surprising doesnā€™t have many holes and looks a bit like the image on the patter

6 Likes

My first project was a kirby with this pink yarn that had different pinks in it. I love multi colored yarn! Itā€™s the kirby in my profile picture actually, I like to keep it there to see how far Iā€™ve come with every project.

5 Likes

My story is that i started crocheting at age 18, my sister in law taught me the basics then i went to youtube, my first projects were flowers scarfs, but my real big project i consider to be my very first project that looked good and is still satisfied though this day,
is my crocheted trellis fan shawl by fiber spider and the materials I have used is the lion brand mandala color genie

7 Likes

My first ever project was a Junimo from Stardew Valley. I was actually really happy with it at the time because it was no sew which made it was fairly easy.

6 Likes

My first project was granny squares for the blankets of the world Guinness world record breaker back in 1990-92, my gran was one of the facilitatorā€™s. Then didnā€™t do anything until 2013. That first project was a bag from the Patonā€™s Learn to Crochet book which I lined with denim scraps and added pockets inside and out, turned it into a backpack, my daughter still uses it now.
Then I had a big run on minion Beanie hats, made 53 of them for friends and family. Within 3 months of picking it back up again I made my first garment, a pinwheel cardigan.

4 Likes

Mine was a scarf that I made last Christmas / new year at my parents place.
My mom has a huge box of scrap yarn from her knitting projects and I used it to learn crocheting.
The goal was to learn the basics to make jewelry out of copper wire, but I got addicted and very fast bought my own yarn :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I started out as a thread crocheter so my actual first project was a thread doily. This was over 40 years ago

6 Likes

I started crocheting december of 2021. I was self teaching myself how to crochet :slight_smile: The first thing i ever made was a small tomato amigurumi from a book of patterns i purchased. I think my main struggle was at the time I had no stitch markers and kept mixing up the rounds hahaha. After obtaining stitch markers I got the hang of it rather quickly. It has been a breeze since then :sparkles:

8 Likes

Exactly same for me, I just needed st markers then everything was easy:)

Almostā€¦:smiling_imp:

4 Likes

Mine was a tiny frog that looked horrific :frowning:

6 Likes