What's your favorite videogame?

My fav is Red Dead Redemption II :smiley: Actualy I’m working in game industry :smiley:
I don’t have crochet game craft but i made Trico artdoll some time ago.

4 Likes

Your Trico is beautiful :sparkles:

3 Likes

I’m currently playing Genshin Impact and Stardew Valley! But some old favorites are Skyrim, Sea of Thieves, Fable 1&2, Animal Crossing, (my toddler has taken over my Island :sweat_smile:) Katamari Damacy and Super Nintendo games from around the 90s that I used to play with my brothers. :blush:

3 Likes

I love that this has been revisted because my newest obsession has bren Baldurs Gate 3. Im an Astarion and Dark Urge fan!!

I still love my classics of Skyrim and Stardew though!

5 Likes

That is amazing! I’ve always wanted to try and make models like that. It definitely seems hard and must take a lot of patience!

2 Likes

I just randomly saw it and had to join in! Video games have been and still are a huge part of my life. They’ve helped me cope with a lot in my teenage years for sure. :laughing:

2 Likes

I also play Overwatch & Dead by Daylight!! I play them the most out of all the games I have since I also like to play story based games like Life is Strange & The Quarry!!

I think Mercy or Tracer would be iconic characters for ow & Dwight, Claudette or Trapper for dbd

I’d love to see more gaming inspired patterns though!! Maybe some subtle things too like Overwatch health packs or Dbd totems ( ^ω^ )

2 Likes

Wow, this thread was fun to read through!

I have played way too many games to choose one favorite, but here’s a selection; Skyrim (over 600 hours playtime, woohoo), The Cat Lady (amazing indie game), Bioshock, Portal 2, Persona 5, Runescape, The Blackwell series (also indie), I’ve played LoL since 2010… I feel like I should stop now :joy:

But I don’t know, making stuff from games always makes a bit nervous due to copyright :sweat_smile: I was thinking of making some TFT-inspired plushies, but my boyfriend said Riot has come after small creators, just like Disney :frowning:
That said, I just bought this pattern, and I’m excited to make it! Skyrim Scarf: Knitting pattern | Ribblr

4 Likes

What a great thread :heart_eyes:
I’ve played hundreds of hours in Skyrim, really loved that game! And I’ve spent almost as much time playing the Witcher 3, there are such depth in that game! Portal 1&2 are great as well :grin: been thinking about playing bioshock - it looks cool :biohazard: also love waiting other people play when I’m knitting/crocheting :video_game:

4 Likes

Subnautica.
It is on an underwater alien planet, and I find it mesmerizing. I love the mix of curiosity, wonder and fear I feel when I play it, discovering a new world with different creatures and plants. The more you go in depth, the more you discover beautiful and scary places. I just love it so much, it really brings me somewhere else.

Some pictures from the game :

63d440aa46373a05eff394d4dbdbd1cd

téléchargement (1)

(And a pengling i’ve crocheted from it)

6 Likes

I typically respond to questions like this with, “on what console?”
It’s the only way I could manage. ;A;

I will spare you and, instead, share my recent games that I like:

• Sea of Stars. An absolutely amazing game full of passion. I could feel that the devs loved old school JRPGs in the same way that I did. I can’t say I’ve ever felt that connection before. I deeply enjoyed the battle system. The uh…the writing had some not-so-great parts but overall it was very enjoyable. Shout out to Garl. You a real one…
    The music was also a highlight. A special guest composer who happens to be my favorite

• FF14 but also almost every other numbered one in existence. (waaay too many spin offs) I haven’t logged in in so long LOL the game holds some cherished memories and it’s how I met some lifelong friends. Those sun kitty boys :melting_face:

• Fuga :Melodies of Steel… Orphans. Tanks. Loss. Woe be unto thee, unsuspecting player…

• Lastly, Persona 5. This game…this RIDICULOUS grr…foams
    This game is an experience. The music, the combat, the story and characters…I…a game has not been able to impress me on the multitude of levels like this game in a very long time.

Honorable mentions for being really great but this post is already super long:
Ni No Kuni 2
Ys: Lacrimosa of Dana
Dark Cloud
Wild Arms series but nothing after 3

3 Likes

i really like to play minecraft smashbros plants vs. zombies and roblox sometimes mario kart

2 Likes

Haha I love PvZ! Does he laugh because he thinks you’re too old to understand games?

2 Likes

He laughs cuz I don’t know my way around a joystick.

IMG_1203

2 Likes

the most stressful & skilled induced game, rocket league lol

:goal_net: :soccer: :red_car:

3 Likes

Ive always tried to get into it but i was SO incredibly bad lol

2 Likes

Hahaha, that photo is amazing
Back in MY day we played that game with a mouse, dangit!

2 Likes

I played Sable earlier this year and loved the graphics, like a dreamy retro cartoon from the 80s and no combat, so very chill.
Subnautica is amazing! I’ve never been so terrified of a game yet unable to stop playing.
I just backed Out and About on Kickstarter and can’t wait for that. Foraging, crafting, and rebuilding a community. Perfect for fans of Animal Crossing and Stardew Valley but won’t be out til next year. Add to your Steam wishlist though or join the Discord for updates!

3 Likes

Well, he started out on a mouse too when he was like 4. One of the few games I’d let him play.
I just love the creativity in that video game and graphics. Just like those old Woody Woodpecker cartoons
For example, a school of fish was depicted as fish shaped like books looking at a big book fish teach in the front while they were swimming along.

4 Likes

Call of duty mw2

4 Likes