WIP Wednesday once again

Welcome back to WIP Wednesday.

This week I’ve got christmas stockings on the go.

What are you all working on? Any updates on previous WIPs?

19 Likes

Oh! Such a cute stocking!

I continued to make a bit of progress on the Fruit Garden CAL. I chose a zig-zag join for the squares and it’s very slow going. I think I can, I think I can!

13 Likes

Its stunning. I know you can, and its gonna be perfect :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

8 Likes

The stocking is adorable! I wanted to make one, but my family already has stockings for our family including our pets :laughing: also @TexasPurl That’s already so gorgeuous, I can’t even imagine how much beautiful it’ll be once it’s done!

8 Likes

Thanks. I’m making for my grandparents, they may already have stockings but they’ll still love these so it works out for me :blush: I like making mini xmas tree ones with initials on them for display/chapstick haha

8 Likes

oo that sounds so cute!

8 Likes

Finished a baby sweater, baby was born 2 weeks early, weighing a little over 6 lbs so the sweater won’t fit until maybe Feb if they turn up the sleeves, next fall and winter for sure.

Been fighting a very ugly cold so no new projects started, but have to get hat started and done for the family Christmas gift exchange, my son who hosts it decided we should give hand crafted gifts this year. Tho honestly, he should have given us all a couple of months notice and besides him, myself and my grand daughter, I don’t know who else hand crafts in the family lol. I bought one of his skeins of worsted weight alpaca and will knit a cabled hat, have just over a week to start and finish, sigh, wish I felt better, hopefully by Christmas I will good as new, at least normal, nothing is good as new at my age :rofl::rofl:.

A long time friend gave me this gift for watching her house and putting packages away while she was gone, she such a sweetie.

11 Likes

The jumper is lovely. Loads of room to grow and get the most of it too.

Sorry to hear you are unwell I hope its all cleared for christmas.
More notice would be great but I’m sure your hat will be wonderful. Hope you feel fit enough to work on it properly.

I love that mug, I got my mum one lile this for mothers day :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

Such a nice sweater & I love the mug! I hope you’re feeling better soon.

7 Likes

Oooh it’s coming along beautifully!

6 Likes

Sorry to hear you’re not feeling well. I hope and pray you are 100% back to normal by Christmas!

7 Likes

Just working on a pattern test

8 Likes

Working on Christmas gifts. I’m using @brikoba striped bauble pattern for each family member. I’ll be making them each they’re favorite color and embroidering their names on them. I’m finishing up a cow for one niece. I’ve got all the parts but the horns crocheted, and need to get it all attached. I did a pattern test a while back of a unicorn (Twilight by @SoniaG), and I thought of changing it from a unicorn to a regular horse. Then I remembered my other niece is obsessed with piggies. So… I altered the unicorn into a little pig. I’m not certain I’m in love with it, but I think it’ll do! I still have to make a beanie for my brother, and I’m not at all sure what to make my mom. :woman_facepalming:t3: If I finish everything else up, I’m going to try and make the pig some overalls/dungarees.

13 Likes

Too cute!

6 Likes

Thank you!

6 Likes

That cup is so cute!

7 Likes

HOW do you get those appendages lined up so well?

5 Likes

I’m not sure hahaha! The cow’s aren’t connected yet, so they’re just sitting there. The pig, the instructions said what rows to put them in, but not exactly where, so I just eyeball it.

5 Likes

What an adorable stocking!!! @GotenkslovesmeCraft I must confess I look forward to this thread every week; delighted to see all the projects people are working on! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

@TexasPurl As usual, absolutely GORGEOUS.

@LDSVenus The sweater will grow with them, and it looks so lovely :relaxed: ! I hope the cold goes away soon and you’re able to heal :heartpulse: love that mug!

@Wendywo745 Those are so darn cute, and I think everyone is going to adore their thoughtful crocheted goodies. :heartbeat: You will have a whole farm when all is said and done! :relaxed:

As for me, I’ve got many things going on the hooks, but today - for the first time in probably five years (seven, perhaps?) - picked up some knitting needles to work on a scarf for my mother’s birthday :relaxed:

(I’m using jumbo yarn and some big needles, so hopefully it will work up faster. Excited because the scarf will have pockets!

Edit: Decided to try hand knitting for some more movement/flexibility with this yarn!)

11 Likes

Thank you so much! I have made a sheep in the past, hahaha. I’ll have to make a chicken at some point! :laughing:

That’s yarn looks so soft and comfy! And those hooks are HUGE! I love the idea of pockets, great thinking there! I’m sure she’ll love it!

(And I realize I use exclamation points way too much!):rofl:

9 Likes