Ballet anyone

Hi I’ve been doing ballet and do you guys have any tips

11 Likes

Finally another ballet person! I’m actually at ballet rn :winking_face_with_tongue:

I have a ridiculous amount, so is there anything in specific?

6 Likes

Um what to do after demi plies

7 Likes

Are you learning it at home?

If so, the barre order usually goes:

Plies

Tendus usually two

Degages/jetes usually two or three

Ron de jambes>

Stretch on the barre/ on the floor *

Fondus <

Adagio*

Frappes >

Grand battements <

Then center:

Tendus

Adagio

Pirouettes from the corner

Sometimes a turn coming from the back, like attitude turns, arabesque turns, etc. but thats a lot harder *

Petit allegro (my fave!!)

Medium allegro *

Grande allegro (my absolute favorite!!!)

*can be skipped if needed

<>can be combined with the combination before/after

6 Likes

I recommend looking up Kathryn Morgan on YouTube, she has a variety of really good classes for different skill levels! Train Like A Ballerina is also rly good!

Also I recommend watching a lot of ballets with famous dancers, 1. Bc it’s fun and 2. Bc it can help you improve!! My favorite dancers are Natalia Osipova, Svetlana Zakharova, and Marianela Nunez! Also some of my fav ballets are Giselle, Coppelia, the Pharoahs Daughter, Don Quixote, and there are so many moreeee

I don’t know if she does ballet but ik she does dance so maybe @PawPrintsCrafts could add! (Sry if you didn’t want to be tagged)

6 Likes

I am doing at home

5 Likes

Thats so fun! Do you have a home studio or are you doing it in a living room or den or something?

4 Likes

My room is my studio

5 Likes

What should I do after I learn tends and plies

5 Likes

Sadly I only do highland :pensive_face:

5 Likes

Wait thats so fun though!! That and Irish dance are on my tbl (to be learned) :winking_face_with_tongue:

4 Likes

That is fun

4 Likes

Degages! I would basically go in order of the class order; Theyre basically all building blocks on one another!

3 Likes

Ehehehe

4 Likes

Okay what level are you in ballet

4 Likes

At my studio, I am in ballet 3, which is the second highest level!

3 Likes

I am a intermediate dancer

4 Likes

Can you tell me how to do jetes

4 Likes

I think you would be best to learn Jetes via a video, txtd instructions may be hard to follow.

2 Likes

Yes!! Kathryn Morgan has the best videos!!

2 Likes