First or Last?

Ok guys, me and @LatteCrochet cant seem to agree on this. When you use stitch markers for amigurumi, do you insert it into the first or last stitch of the round? I know its a stupid arguement/debate, but i wanna know what you guys think.

• First Stitch
  • Last Stitch
0 voters

And i know theres lots of people who dont use them at all, but if you did, then what do you think would be better?
Thanks for whoever votes lol

21 Likes

I wish I could participate :sob::joy:

7 Likes

When I first started using stitch marker I tried first using it in the first stitch and then switched to using it in the last stitch. I prefer the first stitch.

11 Likes

Ive always put it in the last stitch. I never thought to do it in the first. And well its too lste to change old habits now lol.

9 Likes

I always use the last stitch. I didn’t realize most people use the first, I guess I like in the last stitch because I feel like I’ve completed the row properly once I’ve placed the marker in at the end.

11 Likes

used to be a last stitch person but tutorials made me change my mind lol

6 Likes

No it’s obviously the first how do you function in the back?!?!?!???!!??

5 Likes

i do the first st @Itsfayfay4 is too cool for stitch marker hehe

7 Likes

I insert my stitch marker in my last Stitch of my round. After I voted I saw all the people that voted for the first Stitch and it kind of made me feel like I did something wrong. But I know I didn’t because it’s just how I do it and other people do it too. I guess it just makes us all :sparkles:unique :sparkles:.

9 Likes

Always last!!!

8 Likes

lol yep

6 Likes

don’t use stitch markers, but when its super complicated I do on the last stitch

6 Likes

All that really matters is that you’re consistent and doing what works for you! :smiley:

5 Likes

Correct my friend. Correct. :wink:

5 Likes

i always put it in the first so i dont have to move my st to finish the round , but thats just what works for me! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I don’t even own stitch markers but I think the first stitch would work better imo

2 Likes

I rarely use stitchmarkers for crochet, only for knitting, but when I do I but it in the last

2 Likes

ALWAYS last bc first messes with my brain

3 Likes

I do the first stitch

2 Likes

I used to always put it into the last stitch of the round, then one day I put the stitch marker into the first stitch of the round to follow a pattern I was reading and I just have been doing so ever since :sweat_smile: I don’t think it truly matters as long as it works for you, but it is interesting to see how people do things. Everyone does stuff slightly differently. In terms of stitch markers, how we hold the hook, how we hold the yarn, how we make our slip knot to start… but we can end up with basically the same thing in the end.

2 Likes