I’m learning how to knit!

Hey! So I crochet… and you may know me from my crochet patterns. But I’ve started knitting!

So my grandma got me yarn and with the yarn came some knitting needles. I debated wether or not to keep them but I ended but just tossing them in my “crochet suitcase”. Well I recently found them and figured I’d try it out!

I’ve learned how to do a cast on, knit stitch, purl stitch, and k2tog. But I only have one size of needles and yarn.

If you have any tips on knitting or any beginner patterns that don’t require the cord needles :cry: please let me know!!

14 Likes

(this is just a comment- this is in no way helpful)

as someone who wants to knit, but cant do it yet, I have a lot of knitting needles and supplies-

but kudos to you for starting to learn! knitting is hard, I only know simple things like cast-on and garter stitch… I hope things go well for you!

I’m starting to learn Tunisian crochet over knitting :heartpulse::yarn:

11 Likes

Thank you so much! I’m also looking forward to learning how to do Tunisian crochet but I have to finish learning how to knit :joy:

9 Likes

Haha yes! I got Toni Lipseys (TLYC) book on Tunisian Crochet, the book is so well written, I’m obsessed

9 Likes

I hope it’s okay I moved it to the knitting section, just so you can get more knitters to see this! Maybe you’ll get better help then! <3

8 Likes

Thank you so much!

8 Likes

Crochet is my first craft but I do knit. I had to learn from books. Fortunately YouTube has a boatload of videos to help new learners these days. It will take some experimenting with different content providers to see which one presents in a way that works for you.

8 Likes

I am entirely self taught at knitting (but did have my mother to help with things like dropped stitches etc when I was growing up and learning. ) and I have to say, if you have a question about something YouTube taught me from day one. If you need specific help, don’t hesitate to message!! I’m a knitter of 12/13 years and I’m more than happy to help.

6 Likes

Thank you so much!

4 Likes

Im a beginner at knitting too! If you have a dog or cat you can go on youtube and search Jenna Phips she has a lot knitting crochet and sewing videos. She has a tutorial on how to make a sweater for a dog. Its knitted in rows, and super easy.

2 Likes

That sounds so cute! Thank you :blush:

2 Likes

So I’m just going to link 2 answers I’ve given previously a trying to think to be able to say it again probably won’t be coherent tonight
Reply 1
Reply 2

2 Likes

Thank you :blush:

2 Likes

You’re welcome, sorry for being impersonal, but my head is killing me tonight so coherent thought is difficult (it took a solid minute to come up with that last word)

2 Likes

It’s ok! I understand :joy:

2 Likes

Yes, I found that to be true, looking at dozens of videos until one makes sense.

2 Likes

Make a garter stitch scarf. That’s how I started off.

1 Like