is anyone else in my age group?

I love this platform but i thought it was mostly 30+ people on this app. i have no problem
with that obviously but i’m now realizing that a lot of people are middle or high schoolers like
me! i’m in ninth grade going onto tenth! what about y’all?

50 Likes

Sorry, I’m 57, disabled so I’m on here at all kinds of different times! But I abso-LOVE seeing so many younger people getting so excited about crochet! I was made fun of back when I started crocheting, because it was considered an “old lady’s” or “grandma” craft, not for young people. But I was desperate to learn and make things! Not really amigurumi back then, but I had plenty of custom afghan orders!! My most memorable was one that was a solid inch thick for a pharmacist I worked with who moved to Seattle from Hawaii and was always so cold. That was the most aggressively crocheted afghan! 8 strands of yarn at once, with a Q hook, slowly dropping one color and adding in another every second row for a sunset look. She bought a LOT of yarn!!

35 Likes

Im about to be in 12th

8 Likes

Going into 11th! But the age of someone in 8-9th grade lol.

9 Likes

Im also 9th!

8 Likes

I’m in ninth, going into tenth!

9 Likes

im 28

12 Likes

I am going into 9th grade and I am almost 14

10 Likes

Going into 8th grade, 13 years old!

12 Likes

same! it’s so fun to see i’m not the only one lol

9 Likes

Continuing to crochet and make things despite what other people said just goes to show how much you love it, that’s really inspiring, and that custom order for the pharmacist sounds amazing!

13 Likes

that’s such an inspiring story! i have embraced the grandma comment lol. everytime somebody says something about it, i reply with a strong “YEAH I WILL BE THE BEST GRANDMA”

13 Likes

Hi I am 13 and a freshman in college

7 Likes

Im 13! Supposed to b3 going into 9th grade next year, but i started school late so 8th grade next year it is :sweat_smile:

9 Likes

Going into 12th! Currently 17! Let’s be friends:)

9 Likes

I am a 7th grader, going into 8th grade this coming year

9 Likes

Same!!!

8 Likes

Going into eighth and I’m so excited (Ik that’s weird to be excited going into eighth) but I’m taking Spanish which I am really excited for!

9 Likes

She really loves it! Even now, so many years later!

Hugs, Valori​:hibiscus:

11 Likes

Im 28 but i really wish I’d had this app when i started leaning knitting at 10 and crochet at 15. Im so glad we all have this womderful resource now!

19 Likes