Market tips

Hi! I will be doing my first market in two weeks and I’m super nervous. Does anyone have any tips they can share with me? The market is in Florida as well so even though it is a fall market, the vibe might be a little more like a summer market

10 Likes

I’ve never been to a market to sell or buy so this is just if I were to go what could draw my attention, but having everything organized and shown well to see everything is nice, if it’s Florida then I would make things that those that live there would like or buy for the weather.

Another thing to note is the price, you should most definitely not undersell your hard work! Make sure you you can get a profit, but keep in mind most people will most like carry some money so making items that you made and could sell for profit while staying on a reasonable budget is good! Personally I usually just carry 20’s and a few ones and fives so having a price that you can just take out a few bills would be fast and easy. That’s not to say don’t put your expensive projects on there you should! If someone buys it that’s great if not it can be good to get someone’s attention at your table!

If you’re on the community section and click the magnifying glass :mag: and search Market or Market Help there’s threads that others have answered as well and may be a better insight than mine lol also googling and watching videos might help as well if you’re still stuck and need more help or even visuals

Good luck!!!

8 Likes
7 Likes
7 Likes

@anoswaldoddity Linked some great posts! Customer service, investing in shelves to place your things, having your prices on display, business cards (or even just handwritten ones having your social media or other places you sell) and even the hand sanitizer are all great ideas!

You can even go one step further and have items display only so if someone is interested you can get them from a container (or something to hold them and be protected from all sides) so that way it minimizes the amount of contact its come into as people will most like want to touch and get a feel for it (maybe even have some of the yarn you used so others can get a feel of it without touching the product)

Checking for the weather is also important and make sure to stay hydrated! Also having a sheet or anything to help you remember or to hand out for the specific project on the care instructions is also a good idea that way they’re aware if that project can be washed or not (just looking at the yarn instructions should tell you) and if your project have safety eyes let them know that it can be a chocking hazard so avoid letting children have it etc you can get more in detail I’m just not aware of it

6 Likes

i don’t really know, but good luck!

6 Likes

This is great! Thanks!

5 Likes

No problem! I hope your market goes well, if I find out more I’ll let you know! Also how does one find markets and sell there?

6 Likes

My mother-in-laws community is putting it on and she let me know, but maybe you could check local community Facebook pages?

6 Likes

Thanks for letting me know! I’ll look into it :grinning:

5 Likes

Check with your local Chamber of Commerce, or local radio station for events they provide public service announcements for.

5 Likes

Thanks! :grinning:

5 Likes

Oh I can totally see amigurumi Santa wearing swim trunks, sunglasses, and flip flops! Or standing with a surfboard. Or even reindeer! I’m sure this is not the advice you were looking for, but that’s what popped into my head!

5 Likes

does it sell yarn?

3 Likes

I’m sorry, does who sell yarn?

2 Likes

the shop that @Thecozystitchwitch is talking about

2 Likes