New FEATURE DROP! What's new? đŸ”„

Our new feature drop is out now, with game changing features!

Watch this teaser video or scroll down for the full list :point_down:

Check out the new features on web or on our free iOS and Android apps.

As always - we welcome your feedback! Comment below to share your thoughts :blush:

What’s new?

A list of all features

Interactive craft alongs (NEW!)

Say hello to a new game changing feature that will shape the way we craft together.
Introducing: interactive craft alongs. Join a live stream from within the pattern, watch and chat with the designer, follow the instructions and share your WIP photos - all at the same time and on any device!
All you need to do is get the pattern, and join the live CAL from your patterns library.
We’ve got plenty of amazing interactive craft alongs scheduled this month:

:purple_circle: Free | Make a little crochet frog with @StellasYarnUniverse | 2021-02-06T19:00:00Z

:purple_circle: Free (only today!) | Make Big Sur blanket with @Fiercehook | 2021-02-07T17:00:00Z

:purple_circle: Free | Make a Tunisian Coaster with @WyldePlumb | 2021-02-13T21:00:00Z

:purple_circle: Free | Make a Crochet Cherry blossom coaster with @lir from Ribblr | 2021-02-21T21:00:00Z

:purple_circle: SALE - $1.5 only | Make Cozy Rib Cowl with @HanjanCrochet | 2021-02-27T19:30:00Z

Personal community spaces (NEW!)

You can now create and moderate your own personal space on our community!
If you want to learn more please click here or visit the new personal spaces area.

Automatic yarn color highlighting (NEW!)

Ribblr will now automatically highlight yarn names when working with a colorwork pattern.
And if you want to personalize the pattern and match it to the yarn your work with you don’t need to recite “red is brown
 green is yellow
” anymore!
You can now change the colors of charts and instructions with a single click. Simply go to the pattern’s materials page, select your yarn color and watch the magic happens.

Discover section improvement

The discover section just got smarter. With better personalized recommendations it’s easier than ever find your next project,

Filters for your wishlist and patterns library (NEW!)

You can now use many different filters in your wishlist and patterns library so you can easily and quickly find what you are looking for.

Tags on Ribblr’s homepage (NEW!)

You will now see tags on Ribblr’s homepage to help you know what’s trending.

Ribblr of the week (NEW!)

A new feature we rolled out last month! Each week we feature an inspiring member of our community so we can all get to know each other a little better.

Our new features for designers:

Automatic yarn color highlighting (NEW for designers!)

Colorwork pattern? No problem. Set your yarn colors and names in your pattern’s materials list and we’ll take care of the rest. That includes automatically coloring your instructions. Just make sure you use the same yarn names throughout your pattern and
 that’s it!

Start an interactive charts from a custom number (NEW for designers!)

A requested feature: you can now start a chart from a custom number. Simply click the first row/round to set your custom number.

Apply sizes to multiple lines (NEW for designers!)

You can now set applicable sizes to multiple lines at once using Ribbuild. Simply select multiple lines and tick or untick the relevant sizes.

General improvements and bug fixes

• You can find a list of all your favorite shops on your wishlist
  • You can now use our advance search to filter patterns from your favorite shops only
  • You can now drag and reposition the built-in counter on our app. Enable tips mode and click anywhere you see the word ‘rep’ or ‘repeat’
  • Video resources are now available on our help center
  • Fixed: an issue selecting filter options on Firefox browser
  • Fixed: an issue preventing some interactive charts from being exported when generating a PDF

A huge thanks to everyone who helped us test the new features.
Want to try out new features before everyone else? Click here.

Thank you for your feedback and support! We hope you will enjoy these new features.
We will continue to work hard on new features and improvements and make sure we provide you with the best crafting experience. :purple_heart:

16 Likes

I love the new features and am excited to try them! I’m currently designing a tunisian crochet pillow pattern for charity and would love to do a craft along. My questions are:

1. Can it be recorded so it’s accessible to those who buy the pattern later - or is it just live?

2. Can larger more time consuming patterns be split up over several days on a craft along?

3. How does one get on the schedule?

5 Likes

Thank you :purple_heart:
We would be very happy to help you host your craft along!

By default, craft alongs can be watched up to 5 days after they the live stream ended.
Alternatively, you may also link the video within your pattern. Simply click the media icon and the paste the youtube link to attach it to any line of your pattern. You can do so for tutorials, and also for pre-recorded craft alongs.

In terms of daily/weekly interactive craft alongs, we’ve got some amazing features in the pipeline to support that even further, but we can definitely help you set up an ongoing craft along even now.

Send us a private message with the details and a member of the team will help you move forward with your interactive craft along :star_struck:

3 Likes

I’m very excited to have found ribble! All the new features are amazing! Looking forward to everything

5 Likes

Thanks Mary and welcome to Ribblr! :purple_heart:

2 Likes

Hello,

Are we able to stream more than one person on the CAL?
Could I do it with Streamyard, or a similar program?

Have a creative day,
Kim (Affordably Crafty)

2 Likes

Me too Mary!!

Ribblr has made pattern writing so much easier and accessible.

2 Likes

Hi Kim!

At the moment the CAL works with integrating live Youtube streams so you can use any software that supports Youtube, so it should be the majority of softwares! let us know if you are interested to host one :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’ve just found Ribblr, too - still finding my way around, but really impressed so far

4 Likes

Thank you Jacky and welcome to Ribblr! :purple_heart:

4 Likes

Thank you for the warm welcome! It looks an exciting place to be - I’m just learning my way around, and looking forward to getting familiar with all of the features :grinning:

3 Likes

There have been so many awesome new features added since I loaded my first pattern here! And it was already great! Can’t wait until I can find time (or maybe a magic wand???) so I can get all of my patterns loaded over here and spend more time on this platform! I love what you guys are doing! <3

5 Likes

Thank you so much! :purple_heart:

2 Likes