New Ribblr user

Hi! Iā€™m new here and I have just posted my first pattern for testing. Any tips? :slight_smile:

8 Likes

I donā€™t have any tips because Iā€™ve never posted a pattern before, but I moved this to the crochet space and added a couple tags so others can find your post and help you!

5 Likes

Thank you very much! Very kind of you :slight_smile:

4 Likes

heres some things I think if u include it would help you get testers
Is there a Due date? yarn requirements? do you accept those with low karma?Do they have to submit a journal?
stuff like that

5 Likes

Sorry Im new, what is karma?:slight_smile:

4 Likes

Itā€™s like points for testing? When u select testers it shows on the side like 0 karma or 15 karma. (I think Iā€™m new too, I didnā€™t go through the tutorial properlyā€‹:sweat_smile:)

5 Likes

here
Testers earn karma points when they complete a test so a quality tester will have more points.

5 Likes

Amazing thank you!!

4 Likes

Karma are the points someone get when they complete a test, so it can be used to know how many tests the applicant has completed. 1 karma = 1 test finished.

The main thing for a tester call is to give the due date, so people know how much time they have. And any other requirements you may have.

You can also ask them to make a journal. The journals will appear on your pattern page as reviews, so if someone wants to buy your pattern, they see pictures of what others have been able to make with the pattern and their notes on it.

Sadly, some testers sometimes ghost the creator (not give any news), so I advise you to select a bit more people than you need for your test, as you might not have all of them done (but most of them). For example if you need 5 testers, itā€™s more secure to pick 7 or 8. To choose people, you can check their ā€œmakesā€ on their profile, to see the tests they have completed before (their journals).

Once you have accepted the testers you need, you can go on your pattern page, click on ā€œmanage testingā€, and on ā€œcreate a group chatā€. This will create a conversation with you and all the testers, so you can talk about the pattern. You can then remind them the due date, the requirements, and tell them to give you their feedback on this private chat (with the problems they encountered in the pattern). Itā€™s good that you have a look here and there in the chat to answer their questions.

You are free to edit your pattern to correct the mistakes until it is published. Once it is published, you can still edit it, but you have to unpublish it at first. To unpublish it has no consequences on the favorites and people who bought it will still have it in their library.

I hope this helps :slightly_smiling_face:

There are also guidelines on the site to help you with any question you have.

8 Likes

This is great- thank you so much!

5 Likes

Best of luck to you your baby yoda is very cute.

4 Likes

Thanks so much! Hopefully testing goes well :smiling_face:

3 Likes

Hereā€™s a link to a topic that might offer some answers in the comments that can help you :smile:

Also I try to do this with newcomers when I can

I hope you enjoy it here, :smile: if you ever need help never hesitate to ask in the community, if you need immediate answers feel free to use the help center, search in the community, or the wiki [link below] and community guidelines if needed :smile: Happy crafting! Hope to see your crafts soon as well :smile:

3 Likes

Thank you so much! That post you linked is actually very helpful :slight_smile:

3 Likes

No problem glad to help :smile:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.