Ribblr Earn - beta launch

Today, we’re excited to announce the beta launch of Ribblr Earn :tada:

We all know how hard designers work to create new designs for us all to enjoy.
And, very often, designers also kindly choose to give away their unique patterns completely for free.

Since day 1, we’ve been working hard to support designers financially, with low sale fees and pattern protection.
And for the past few years we introduced game changing features like $elFee - a way to eliminate sale fees completely, and royalties - a payment designers get when others sell makes based on their designs.

We are huge believers in the creator economy, and that’s why we’re extremely excited to introduce you to Ribblr Earn.

What is it?

Put simply, it is a way for Ribblrs to earn an extra income when crafters use their free patterns.
As a comparison you can think of TikTok or YouTube, where creators can earn small commissions when viewers watch their videos.

You will soon start to see promoted content you’ll love, like yarn on sale, in free patterns.

For the beta phase, we’re onboarding a small group of designers. (You can join our waiting list here!)

All revenue generated from promoted content will be shared 50-50 with Ribblr designers participating in Ribblr Earn.

Of course - there are no changes to the use of free patterns. You are not obliged to buy/pay for anything.
If you do see something you like, checking it out and purchasing it will support the Ribblr ecosystem and our designers. We call it a win-win :partying_face:

As this is just a beta, we’ll be testing Ribblr Earn thoroughly over the next months with a goal to launch it fully and onboard all our designers.

We hope you’ll enjoy this beta release and we welcome your feedback!

43 Likes

I think this is a great new feature!

9 Likes

This is such a lovely new feature that i think all designers will appreciate :white_heart:

9 Likes

Very nice!! I like how you guys are thinking of the designers! :tada:

6 Likes

this sounds like one of the most wonderful feature especially for designers!!

6 Likes

Just when I thought I ribblr couldn’t get any better :heartpulse:love the platform so much

5 Likes

This sounds amazing! :two_hearts:

5 Likes

This is so exciting!

5 Likes

This is such a great idea!!

3 Likes

Will this effect patterns already in our library?

3 Likes

This is amazing!!

3 Likes

What a great idea. I’m fairly new to Ribblr with adding my designs, it’s taking a little time but I am loving the app already with the features you have got so far and this latest one does sound interesting.

3 Likes

Very interesting! I love how much support you provide pattern designers, thank you for your hard work :grin:

4 Likes

Reason 1,100 not to sell on etsy.

I LOVEEE this concept, I dont use patterns often, but when I use a free one, I feel like I’m stealing that persons hard work, without compensating them at all. This is the best win-win situation! And, I’m thrilled to see it when it fully releases!

5 Likes

Fantastic idea

1 Like

This is amazing :clap:
I can’t join as I cannot use stripe but i look forward to joining later and enjoying the knowledge I can support my fellow creators with my browsing :green_heart:
Thank you for all these great improvements

2 Likes

What a great addition!

3 Likes

That’s a wonderful idea and I think would encourage more people to make free patterns. I know it would for me :heart:

2 Likes