Scar Scarecrow - motivation needed

About to start writing up a pattern for this guy. He is only about 8" tall with worsted weight yarn and a 3.25mm hook!

Feeling a bit crojo-less these days and am open to any thoughts and suggestions for Mr. Scarecrow for some motivation!

34 Likes

I think he is soooo cute! If you hold a tester call. Ill be appying asapā€‹:heartbeat: Dont get yourself down. Be proud of your hard work. I know patterns are not easy to make & they take time ! I think youre scarecrow is so adorable. He will be loved by many !

8 Likes

I think you did an amazing job! I would say donā€™t force yourself to do it just yet if you donā€™t want to, it could feel more like a chore, I say if you need to take a break and just relax a bit, thereā€™s this great post here that I think can apply for everyone! I also think it applies great for pattern creating and crocheting :smile:

6 Likes

omg he is so adorable! youā€™re a great designer :raised_hands:t3: You got this!!

4 Likes

Heā€™s great
Leave him for a few days
Your inspiration will come back
Be proud of your achievement :clap:
Iā€™d happily test for you so please donā€™t doubt what youā€™ve achieved

5 Likes

Aw thank you so much! I really appreciate that! :heart:

5 Likes

Thank you! :heart:

4 Likes

Thank you so much! :heart:

5 Likes

4 Likes

What helps me get back in my crojo is sometimes watching YouTube videos of other people getting ready for markets! Idk why but it really motivates me. Also, take your time! This little guys is so cute :pleading_face:

5 Likes

Iā€™m seeing a lot of people suggesting relaxing, stepping backā€¦ if that doesnā€™t work for you try this ā€œGet that pattern done so I can help test it for you! Itā€™s the cutest darn thing Iā€™ve ever seen!!!ā€ Lol. Of course Iā€™m kidding. Sort of. Okay, no not really. I WANT TO MAKE HIM!!!
:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

8 Likes

He is so cute :heart:

4 Likes

Heā€™s sooo ADORABLE! I think you this great with this pattern.

4 Likes

Thabk you! I havenā€™t tried market prep videos but I will! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hahahaha thanks so much! And ypu made me lol. :heart:

4 Likes

3 Likes

2 Likes

Wow, this guy looks super cute, and well-made! I love the ā€œstrawā€ details and the mouth!

When I get unmotivated to make my own patterns/being creative with crochet, I try crocheting someone elseā€™s pattern. Somehow that always motivates and inspires me! Possibly because it gives my brain and imagination some rest before tackling the task again. Iā€™m currently pattern-testing a snail, and mid-process my brain says: ā€œThis is cute, letā€™s make a bearā€ :joy: I donā€™t know if that makes me weird, but whatever works, works.
That said, Iā€™m the kind of designer who writes up the pattern as I make it (resulting in many version 1, 2, 3, etc.), so I donā€™t know if this tip helps at all. I hope it does!

Whenever you get the pattern done and if you make a tester call, Iā€™ll definitely apply to make it :blush:

Best of luck with your design!

6 Likes

Omg thatā€™s so cute!!!

4 Likes

Not weird at all. I am kind of the same way actually! Thank you! :heart:

4 Likes