Social Media Friends

Hi everyone! So I’ve been seeing a lot of giveaways and tester calls on instagram and they all want you to tag others in the comments to enter. I only have a few people to tag and it got me thinking, that there may be others that don’t have many people to tag. If you are interested and okay with being tagged in posts you should leave your instagram in the comments for everyone. This way we can all support each other and have people to tag in these posts. At least I thought this was a good idea :woman_shrugging:t3: but I’ll go first my instagram is @hummingcreations

11 Likes

@Dtmwyoff

I want to change my profile to Lucinda Lane Creations but I cant figure out how to do it. I dont use Instagram but would love to have it just for my crochet business :thinking: I tried changing it now it saved my name and I cant get into it and my page still says dtmwykoff and locked out my business name as already taken​:rage: so I don’t know how to move forward… I might need to hire a teenager to hep me​:face_with_hand_over_mouth: I never thought technology would pass me up as long as I tried to stay active, but it moved at warp speed and I couldn’t keep up :grimacing:

5 Likes

Hi! I’m @xoohbie on IG as well :blush:

We have these threads here too where you can find IG names of Ribblr pips:

I have not worked on all the names on these yet - I should !!!

5 Likes

Would love to help - if I can. I’ll send a chat here on Ribblr :blush:

2 Likes

Hey! My instagram is @mr.whoochka

You can tag me wherever you want :smile:

4 Likes

My Instagram is @thatmerakichic ! Id love to be friends and support each other :cherry_blossom::heartbeat:

3 Likes

Anyone and everyone please feel free to tag me for whatever you need! I’m starlitxstitches on ig too. :blush:

4 Likes

@h3av3nstar57

3 Likes

I had the same problem before, but with youtube; there it got sorted through waiting a day or two, then log out, then in again, but I don’t know if it works differently with instagram!

And about this post–I don’t really mind being tagged, but I never apply to any tests requiring me to tag people; for me it just feels… tacky, in a way, I suppose. No disrespect to any of you who want to participate in posts like that, but to me it sounds more like marketing than actually searching for people who want to volunteer their time and money to help correct an imperfect pattern.
That said, it’s a great post to find other Ribblrs on Insta, so that’s what I’ll use it for :smiling_face:

8 Likes

This post reminds me why I’m not fond of IG at all! Nothing wrong in your words at all, of course! :slightly_smiling_face: But IG itself and its dynamics are really so unnecessarily tight. Is it really right to ask people to tag others so that they can apply for testing? :thinking: As @MakesbyMalin pointed out, people volunteering for testing is already a gesture kind enough in itself :sparkling_heart: I think saying something like “tagging friends or sharing this post on your stories is optional but appreciated” would be better. I don’t know, this is just my opinion :cat:

6 Likes

change it in Ribblr or Instagram?

@LucindaLaneCreations

1 Like

I agree, and no matter the intention the result is the same.
You added yourself and others to a database for marketing.
i’ll tag the the leaders because if youre going to post a tester call you cannot make following the designer on another social media platform a requirement.

@leaders

2 Likes

Well, this post seems to majorly be about getting instagram friends who can tag each other for tester calls on instagram, not here :slight_smile:

Yeah, that’s kind of how I see it too–but to each their own!

4 Likes

Yes! I was just hoping to find other crafters that would be interested in being friends on insta! Just trying to support each other and whatnot

4 Likes

I don’t really like IG either, i really only use it for patterns! But i never really though about it this way, i agree that tagging and sharing should be optional!

4 Likes

You’re already tagging me in things andmore than happy for you to continue. I love seeing more art even if I don’t enter the testsor giveaways :smiling_face:
Most people who are asking for this are trying to boost their followers and get more eyes on their art.
I like boosting others but understand many other peopke don’t vibe with this or feel overestimated with loads of random tags.

4 Likes

I was actually going to send you a message and make sure it was okay! I was starting to feel bad tagging you in things back to back!

3 Likes

oh sweetie, i know. youre fine, it wasnt brought up to make you or anyone else to feel bad.

@agilliland

im more concerned about tester calls requiring a social media follow in order to apply for testing.

4 Likes

Ah no worries. As long as its artsy/crafty I’m pretty chill. I might update my bio so people know. Its good to make sure before tagging people. I have a few friends that we’re happy to tag each other.

3 Likes

Here’s mine but I kinda feel as a few others about insta. Ya it’s lovely to tag and be tagged but I don’t post often anymore I do intend to anyways mines @cosmikeluminatedcreations

I do follow back :grin:

1 Like