Stripe customer support address?

Iā€™m trying to sell my first pattern on here so I went through all the steps with Stripe until I got to the customer support section which is asking for an address that will be public to customers. Iā€™m an individual selling patterns from my home so obviously I donā€™t want people having access to my real address so Iā€™m not sure what to do. Everything else is ready but I canā€™t continue without giving an address, has anyone else dealt with this or have any suggestions?

8 Likes

Hello! Congrats on your first post, when setting up your Stripe account did you put individual? If you put Company itā€™s legally required for that info to be public, hereā€™s a link that has some useful comments in the topic that can help you a bit more

This is something I try to do for newcomers :smile: if you ever need help never hesitate to ask in the community, if you need immediate answers feel free to use the help center, search in the community, or the wiki [link below] and community guidelines if needed :smile: Happy crafting! Hope to see your crafts soon as well :smile:

5 Likes

hi, thank you! and yes it is set to an individual account

5 Likes

I think you should be fine, your address wonā€™t be available for users to see I believe, itā€™s like when you purchase something and it asks for your billing/home address when you put your card info when ordering online despite not having anything shipped if that makes sense, Iā€™ll tag @Ribblr just in case so they can hopefully explain it better, did you happen to look through the Stripe help center to see if it explains this better? I believe there should be a link in the post I linked, Iā€™ll double check

Edit: Looking through it this is probably required for the ā€œKnow Your Customersā€ Obligations, I believe your address will only be shown if you ship something so itā€™ll show up, but if you donā€™t intend to ship it wonā€™t be shared since thatā€™s not an option to show addresses of Designers when users buy their patterns it should be fine, I believe it has that since Stripe isnā€™t strictly just for Ribblr but other places/sites use this that do offer shipping like Amazon, Shopify, etc I believe you should be fine but if youā€™ll like to wait for someone to clarify it who knows this better feel free to, There should be some designers here that can hopefully answer this better than I could since theyā€™ve experienced it, keeping in mind that different locations may require different requirements :smile:

6 Likes

I left the address blank in that section and it still says ā€œmissing informationā€ but I was able to connect my account and list my pattern so it seems like everything is working :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thatā€™s great! Glad everything is working :smile:

4 Likes