Male Crafters

I was wondering if there are any male crocheters/knitters here? I’ve only seen three male crocheters and they were both on tiktok. Are there any on Ribblr???

12 Likes

@drewbieszoo

9 Likes

Wait, doesn’t he have a TikTok??? He looks like one of the three I was talking about!!!

7 Likes

Yes!

7 Likes

Same username and everything

7 Likes

Wow, thats amazing! I love to watch his videos. He’s so talented!

I never pay attention to names when I’m on the craft side of TikTok.

7 Likes

Beyond myself :wink: there are plenty (and growing).
There’s dozens of designers I can think of including of course @drewbieszoo like @SierraCrochets07 mentioned, who was featured as Ribblr of the Week last year:

12 Likes

Thxs! And of course, how could I forget about the CO FOUNDER of ribblr!!! :sweat_smile:

10 Likes

Hello, I would specify myself as a male-crocheter :grin:

13 Likes

I know a guy joined the discord and like I only put the link in ribblr (and it isn’t like visible through just searching for servers)

So he’s probably from ribblr though I have no clue about ribblr username :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

There’s @combatcrochet who was also a Ribblr of the Week!

9 Likes

I would consider myself a male crocheter. It’s really uncommon thou

10 Likes

@Sew-It-bee we’re getting there!

9 Likes

It’s so exciting to see crochet and knit leave that horrible stereotype of being a female hobby. My little brother is currently 7 months old (we’re 14 years apart :sweat_smile:) and me and my twin sisters (they’re 13) definitely plan on teaching him and our other sister (who is 3) how to live the yarn life lol.

8 Likes

@Kenshae This is so sweet! :two_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

Hi! I am male sometimes. I am genderfluid so my gender and it’s expression change a lot, and that’s why sometimes I identify as male.
I mist say, it’s very nice to see how this thing that was always taught to women by women is growing out of the box and of stereotypes and turning itself into a hobby for anyone willing to try it.

4 Likes

Yeah and I’m one of them. Honestly im not surprised if there isn’t many, most of the ppl that i know who crochet are girls.

6 Likes

I’m transmasc and crochet!

5 Likes

Yeah, all the ppl I know who crochets are old women. It’s nice to see boys and younger people in general crocheting. How old are you btw. I’m 14 turning 15 next month. (You dont have to answer if you’re uncomfortable saying)

4 Likes